The classic holiday beverage turned into a delicious, warming green smoothie full of sweet fruit flavor and comforting spices. Add some spinach to your cup of holiday cheer!
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup apple juice or cider (warmed)
- 1/2 apple (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 orange (peeled)
- 1/4 cup cranberries*
- 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 serving Protein Smoothie Boost (optional)
- Blend spinach and apple juice until smooth.
- Next add the remaining ingredients. If using a high speed blender, start blending again on low speed working up to high speed. Allow to blend for 3-5 minutes, or until very hot. If using a regular blender, blend until smooth and heat gently on the stove or transfer to mugs and heat in microwave.
*Can substitute dark sweet or tart cherries for cranberries. Notes: If using hot apple juice or cider, use caution when blending. Be sure to let the lid vent so the liquid doesn’t leak and splatter. Blend on low speed, working up to high speed until smooth. Smoothie will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge and can be made ahead and reheated before serving.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Wassail smoothie