7-DAY RESET IS HERE
TOP WINTER RECIPES
PLANT-BASED GUIDEBOOK

Sign up now to get my fav green smoothie recipes, shopping list and access to our smoothie support group.

year!

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER

Turn Your Green Smoothie Into a Meal!

Looking for green smoothie meal replacement advice? You’ve found it! Check out these tips and our formula for turning your smoothie into the perfect, healthy meal.

Ready to chug that green smoothie for breakfast (or lunch or dinner)?!

Before you start replacing any of your meals with green smoothies, we’ve got a few rawkstar tips and suggestions to keep you from feeling “hangry” in between meals (hungry + angry = hangry). Don’t worry, we’ve all been there!

How to turn a green smoothie into a meal

The key to replacing meals with green smoothies is including healthy fats and proteins. Healthy fats and proteins are the way to go if you want to power up with a green smoothie meal replacement. This combo will keep you feeling full and give you the energy you need to cruise right through ’til your next snack or meal. Below are our favorite options for green smoothie meal replacement boosters:

Step 1 // Pick a Plant-Based Protein

Plant-based proteins keep your body full and give you tons of energy. They also help repair your muscles, which is perfect for that post-workout buzz. Oh, kale to the yeah!

• Hemp hearts
  • Chia seeds
  • Plant-based protein powder
  • Rolled oats
  • Tofu

Step 2 // Pick a Healthy Fat

Healthy fats protect your heart, keep your energy levels up, boost metabolism, and lower bad cholesterol levels. So please don’t skip the fats. They’re actually really, really good for you! And these ingredients below make your green smoothies extra creamy.

• Avocado
  • Coconut oil
  • Almond butter
  • Chia seeds (yep, here they are again! These babies are loaded with healthy fats and protein, making them a great everyday booster)

Part 3 // Put ’em together and this is what you get…

Healthy Fat + Plant-based Protein = Meal Replacement Boosters

Green smoothies are the perfect fast food and adding these boosters will save you tons of time in the kitchen and keep you away from any drive-thru food that will wreck havoc on your body. We want you to be healthy and strong!

Use one of these meal replacement booster combos in your next green smoothie. The boosts are measured for our delicious Simple Green Smoothies recipes, which serve 2.

• 4 tablespoons hemp hearts + ½ avocado
  • 4 tablespoons plant-based protein powder + 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 2 tablespoons almond butter + ¼ cup rolled oats
  • 4 tablespoons chia seeds + 4oz silken tofu
  • 4 tablespoons chia seeds + 2 tablespoons coconut oil

You can find all of these ingredients at your local store, or even order a few online. Amazon is a perfect place to stock up on hemp hearts, plant-based protein powders, coconut oil, and chia seeds.

Green Smoothie Meal Replacement Smoothie Booster Combos

Note: We’re proud affiliates of Amazon, so if you decide to purchase through any of our links, we get a small commission. We only spread the word about products we’ve used and truly believe in. So just know, these ingredients get our Rawkstar Seal of Approval.

Need a meal replacement green smoothie recipe to get you started?

We gotcha covered! Here’s a healthy filling green smoothie to keep that “hangry” feeling at bay when drinking green smoothies as a meal replacement. You got this rawkstar!

MealReplacement-Instagram_Blank
Now, LET'S DISCUSS...

1. Kathy E Clarke-Cook

March 30th, 2018 at 3:42 pm

Love the app….I had totally forgotten that I had it:)…I am always trying to find interesting smoothie recipes.

2. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

April 2nd, 2018 at 10:18 am

Hi Kathy,

YAY! So happy you love it! We’re going to keep adding more recipes to it too, so keep an eye out! 🙂

3. Erin

April 3rd, 2018 at 4:46 pm

Hi! – quick questions. I am doing the simple 7 smoothie challenge, which I thought stated it serves one. Would I then cut these measurements in half, since the protein and fat serve 2?

4. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

April 6th, 2018 at 10:32 am

Hi Erin,

Yes, you’re totally right! You’ll halve these boosters to match the Simple 7 recipes! 🙂

5. Christine

May 23rd, 2018 at 7:47 pm

Hi Karen,
    Can we replace meals with e meal replacement smoothies. I have been trying so hard to lose weight and j thought this might help

6. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

June 4th, 2018 at 9:32 pm

Hi Christine,

Yes! When using a green smoothie as a meal replacement we suggest adding protein + healthy fats to ensure you’re fueling your body with a complete meal!

7. Jackie

May 28th, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Are these recipes on the app? Is the guide on the app? Can’t find them.

8. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

June 4th, 2018 at 9:31 pm

Hi Jackie,

They are! And take a peek at the resources section to find our Meal Replacement Guide!

9. Ashli

October 21st, 2018 at 6:01 pm

I know chia seeds absorb liquid and thicken. How much extra liquid would you need to add to the smoothie to avoid a super thick consistency when using chia seeds to make the smoothie into a meal?

10. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

October 22nd, 2018 at 12:45 pm

Hey Ashli,

You would only need to add a couple tablespoons to your smoothie to make up for the amount that would be soaked up.

Cheers!!

11. Stephanie Sanchez

February 2nd, 2019 at 9:56 pm

Instead of almond butter, can we use peanut butter on our smoothies?

12. Karen Louden

April 25th, 2019 at 6:20 pm

I’m guessing one reason peanut butter is not in the recipes here is because so many people have allergies. But if you don’t have a problem with it I bet it’s okay

13. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

April 26th, 2019 at 3:36 pm

Hey Stephanie,

You can definitely use peanut butter if you prefer that!

14. Adela

April 29th, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Can I just use almonds Instead of almond butter? Would it then just be 2 TBSP almonds or more?

15. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

April 30th, 2019 at 11:32 am

Hey Adela,

We have not done this with just almonds but you could totally give it a try. Make sure you have a high power blender so that your smoothie will be nice and creamy. You can always soak the almonds before hand so they blender easier. I would do 2 tbsp of the almonds. Let us know how it turns out!

16. Adela

April 30th, 2019 at 1:05 pm

Thx! I tried the meal replacement smoothie and it was tasty but I thought it was too light. I was hungry right away.

17. SHEILA

September 17th, 2019 at 8:00 am

Excellent information…. Thank you so much. I drink a smoothie every morning in place of breakfast. I need a good coffee smoothie to have when I crave coffee. Any ideas?

18. Aislinn Meyer

December 29th, 2019 at 7:48 am

How many grams of protein and fat are we aiming for per serving?

19. SGS Rawkstar Jess

January 27th, 2020 at 9:14 pm

That will vary from person to person. Definitely speak with a nutritionist if you are unsure of the amounts that are right for you. 🙂

20. Margie Bowers-Daines

January 2nd, 2020 at 2:33 pm

Hi! I would like to add a nut butter to my smoothies and I see only almond butter mentioned in the recipes. I find almond butter to taste a bit bitter (I use a no salt, no sugar variety). I much prefer the taste of cashew butter (again, no salt and no sugar). Can I substitute cashew butter for almond butter? Thanks!

21. SGS Rawkstar Jess

February 12th, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Margie, yes, you most certainly can!

22. Dianna Ebright

January 6th, 2020 at 8:07 am

Today I am making the #6, Cream Machine smoothie into a meal replacement smoothie for one by adding 2 tbs. chia seeds and 1 tbs. coconut oil. “Rawk On”! The Cream Machine smoothie is just that, very creamy due to the avocado and adding the chia seeds and coconut oil make it creamier. Had to add more water to take from soft serve ice cream texture to more liquid. I would give this smoothie a 5 star rating.

23. Julie

January 6th, 2020 at 8:59 am

I’ve been adding chai seeds and hemp hearts to my smoothies. I usually let the chai seeds sit for about 10 minutes in liquid before adding all my other ingredients. I really liked the smoothie on day 5.
    I haven’t been blogging so I’ll make a comment for each of the smoothies (hopefully I can then check off on my bingo sheet. lol)
    Day 1 had everything on hand. great smoothie, did add chai and hemp
    Day2 I used coconut milk as I didn’t have any almond millk on hand. Very good.
    Day 3 I didn’t have any cherries but had every thing else I used strawberries. Maybe the cherries would have added a little more flavor to it.
    Day 4 I used coconut water, really liked this one.
    Day 5 I usually use frozen fruits and veggies, and everything was fresh so I stuck mine in the freezer for it to set a bit.

24. Faith B

January 6th, 2020 at 9:23 am

Hello, thanks for taking the time to help people like myself get started on the pathway to better health. I have really enjoyed this journey for the pass 6 days . I have enjoyed all the Green Smoothie recipe. I really like this because I don’t have to figure out what to put together as far as my smoothies.

25. Susan Charboneau

January 6th, 2020 at 9:48 am

I have done the first 4 days then had an epic emptying of my body for an entire day and night. I have skipped the last 2 days not sure if it’s too much fiber for me. Usually I am constipated due to taking extra iron. I did the sleeve stomach bypass a year ago. Is this a normal reaction. Do you have any suggestions because I would really like to continue doing smoothies.

26. Judy

January 6th, 2020 at 10:24 am

Could you please tell me if you add oranges with peel seed to blender when making a smoothie.

1 6 7 8 9

Are smoothies good for you?
top Smoothie swag Under $25