21-DAY AUTUMN CLEANSE
TOP AUTUMN RECIPES
PLANT-BASED GUIDEBOOK

year!

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER

Make Ahead Smoothie Prep

Are you ready to RAWK your smoothie world? With my simple smoothie prep guide, you’ll be saving time and money with just a little bit of work.

The next healthy habit to embrace on your road to health and happiness is making your daily smoothies ahead of time. Prepping your smoothies shaves off precious extra minutes in your morning routine, plus it puts the kibosh on any other excuses that stand in the way of you sipping on some healthy green goodness.

“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”  ― Benjamin Franklin

Can I get an amen on Franklin’s words of wisdom for us all?

Make ahead smoothies really save me precious time in the morning. I love not having to think about cutting up fruit, measuring anything or accidentally running out of smoothie ingredients. (because we know that happens to all of us!)

Smoothie ingredients used to prep ahead

3 Smoothie Prep Benefits

1. Enjoyable time in the kitchen: I actually enjoy spending a few minutes on Sundays prepping smoothies for the week (or month!). I crank up Alexa and turn my kitchen into a cooking show… yet there’s no meal to put on the table or pots and pans to clean!
  2. Sets the foundation for healthier habits. According to a recent study, “Spending less than one hour a day preparing food at home is associated with eating more fast food and spending more money eating out.”
  3. It’s the easiest way to prep ahead for the week. Now, I know it can be hard to meal plan each week, but smoothie prep is such a simple task…AND it creates big results. I hope you give it a shot with my step by step tutorial…

Let’s get started!

How to prep ahead smoothies for the week with bags or jars
Smoothie ingredients all laid out to prep for the week
Make Ahead Smoothies in freezer with bags stacked nicely

Make Ahead Smoothie Prep Guide

• Author: Jen Hansard
  • Prep Time: 30
  • Total Time: 30
  • Yield: 7 smoothies
  • Category: smoothies
  • Method: blending
  • Cuisine: healthy

Make smoothies in half the time with our make ahead smoothie prep guide. You can use this process to prep for a day, a week or even a month– depending on how much space you have in your freezer!

• measuring cups
  • quart bags or canning jars (regular or wide-mouth)
  • permanent marker
  • your fav fruit and leafy greens
  • our Daily Blends smoothie recipe app!

1. Decide which recipes you’ll make for the week and have the recipe on hand. Feel free to use our Smoothie library for inspiration.
  2. Slice or cut fruit into chunks.  You can also cut fruit into smaller pieces and freeze ahead of time on lined baking sheets or use packaged frozen fruit. This will help keep the fruit and leafy greens from freezing together in a large clump and the smoothies will blend more easily.

3. Label bag and jar lids with recipe name and date. Be specific. You might also want to include how much of which liquid gets blended with each smoothie pack (to have when you’re ready to blend).
  4. Measure out the ingredients and pack into jars or bags.
  5. Remove as much air as possible from bags and jars when sealing closed. Pack fruit and leafy greens tightly into the jars and screw on the lids.
  6. Place in freezer. Don’t pack too tightly together. There should be some air circulation. That will help the contents to freeze quickly.
  7. When ready to use, remove from freezer. Add liquid base to container or bag (which helps defrost the fruit slightly). You can also thaw for a few minutes on the counter or in warm water. The fruit and greens will come out of the jar/bag easier too.
  8. Pour into blender and blend until smooth.

• Smoothie packs will keep for several months in the freezer, but are the very best quality when used within 2-4 weeks.
  • If hoar frost forms on the fruit and greens, it is still perfectly safe to consume. It can be rinsed off with lukewarm water.
  • Store smoothie packs away from foods with strong odors. Glass jars offer the best protection against odors.

Keywords: smoothie prep, make ahead smoothie,

smoothie recipe cards, cut fruit and measuring cups for make ahead smoothies

In addition to prepping your smoothies, you can also freeze them blended. Yep! You can actually blend your smoothies and freeze them until ready to use. Just defrost them in the fridge the night before you are ready to use. Some separation might occur, but the smoothies will still be fine to consume.

21-day cleanse

the CHALLENGE

DESSERT guide

Dig deeper into the world of plant-based eating with our best-selling programs.

Learn more about a plant-powered diet

7-DAY cleanse

21-day cleanse

Dig deeper into the world of plant-based eating with our best-selling programs.

Get amazing results with a plant-powered lifestyle!

7-DAY cleanse

Now, LET'S DISCUSS...

1. Maxine

January 15th, 2017 at 10:33 am

Sorry, I just answered my own question. Love this thread!!

2. Mari Harper

January 19th, 2017 at 9:28 am

Do you ever blend your smoothie ahead of time and freeze? If so does it taste and thaw ok?

3. SGS Rawkstar

January 21st, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Hi Mari,

You definitely can! Simply thaw your smoothie in the refrigerator the night before you’re ready to enjoy. Notice some separation? No worries. Our smoothies are free of any yucky additives or stabilizers, so give your smoothie a quick shake before enjoying.

4. Patsy garcia

January 27th, 2017 at 2:47 pm

I need too have some kind sweet in my smoothie.but need fiber.Dr told me. I need fiber. Diverticulosis.do any one knows .what is the best.?

5. SGS Rawkstar

January 30th, 2017 at 4:31 am

Hi Patsy,

Need fiber + something sweet? Look no further than our green smoothies!! The leafy greens are a great source of fiber + the fruit in our recipes make them extra sweet + delicious.

Need a little extra sweet?

Check out our favorite natural sweeteners here…

6. Patricia Carter

January 29th, 2017 at 7:54 am

Went to Barnes & Noble’s. Browse through a lot of smoothies books and choose yours . So I am doing the 10 day Smoothies. So far so good, want to do the Book first ! On the 3rd day , ty!

7. SGS Rawkstar

January 30th, 2017 at 4:28 am

Hi Patricia,

YAY!! Thank you so much for your support! Make sure + check back in with us at the end of your 10-Day Kickstart!

8. Michelle

January 29th, 2017 at 9:52 am

What size mason jars do you recommend?

9. SGS Rawkstar

January 30th, 2017 at 4:27 am

Hi Michelle,

I like to reach for the 32oz wide mouth jars. We also suggest ensuring that your mason jars are freezer safe!

10. Nanette

February 17th, 2017 at 7:39 am

question: Can I mix smoothie in the morning, pack with ice block and consume for lunch. How long are they considered fresh?

11. SGS Rawkstar

February 20th, 2017 at 3:50 am

Hi Nanette,

You definitely can! As long as you’re keeping your green smoothie chilled, it will keep for up to two days in an air tight container. Because our recipes are free of any yucky additives or preservatives, you may notice some separation. Simply give your smoothie a quick shake + you’re ready to enjoy!

12. Citra Cininta

November 7th, 2017 at 3:31 am

I dont have blender like vitamix, but I have hurom slow juicer. What do you think about it?

13. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

November 8th, 2017 at 9:16 am

Hi Citra,

While I definitely think our recipes would make amazing juices! Personally, we’re all about blending over juicing. While both have their health benefits – when juicing, you’re missing a major nutrient boost from the fiber. Learn more about the difference between juicing + blending here…

14. Brittanie

February 26th, 2017 at 4:09 pm

If you freeze the greens with the fruit, do you then need to separate the greens to blend them with liquid first? Or just throw it all in together.

15. SGS Rawkstar

February 27th, 2017 at 4:10 am

Hi Brittanie,

Great question! And it really depends on the power of your blender. Have a rawkstar blender like Vitamix or Blendtec, then there’s no reason to blend your greens first. But if your blender needs a little help breaking down those leafy greens, we’d suggest freezing them separately from your other ingredients. Here’s our tips for blending leafy greens all on their own!

16. Stephanie Bettis

February 27th, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Can I make them Sunday and refrigerate them for the week?

17. SGS Rawkstar

March 2nd, 2017 at 4:02 am

Hi Stephanie,

Want to blend your smoothie ahead of time? Our recipes will keep in your refrigerator for up to two days in an airtight container. Adding a small amount of lemon juice will help preserve all of their green goodness!!

If you want to blend everything on Sunday. You can freeze your blended smoothie. Then simply thaw in the refrigerator the night before. You will notice some separation. But don’t worry, that’s simply because our recipes are free of any yucky additives or stabilizers. Simply give your smoothie a quick shake and you’re ready to go!

18. moira

March 12th, 2017 at 11:07 pm

what do you think of adding peanut butter, coconut milk or cream,cinnamon ,and herbs to your smoothies I think i would like the idea

19. SGS Rawkstar

March 13th, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Hi Moira,

Those all sound like great ideas!! The peanut butter and coconut milk will add protein + healthy fats to your green smoothie. While the cinnamon + herbs add tons of extra nutrition + often detoxing benefits!

Rawk on!

20. Evelyn Truesdale

November 14th, 2017 at 11:53 am

I see the kale recipes remove the stems are these of no food value. Thanks and also for the recipes plus other info.

God bless, Evelyn

21. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

November 15th, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Hi Evelyn,

When it comes to green smoothies we usually suggest removing the stems as they can be bitter + tough on your blender.

22. Heidi

January 26th, 2018 at 12:07 pm

The link for the green smoothie recipe cards isn’t working.

23. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

January 30th, 2018 at 10:13 am

Hi Heidi,

Good catch! I need to update that! We don’t offer green smoothie recipe cards anymore. Want even more recipes? Make sure + check out our app here! 100s of green smoothie recipes, tips + challenges at your finger tips!!

24. Melissa

April 30th, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Bummer. I’ve been looking around for a while on here to figure out where to get the cards from! Sad they don’t exist, I’d much prefer them to something digital!

25. Denise Cenicola

February 19th, 2018 at 11:57 pm

Great Info!

26. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

February 20th, 2018 at 11:16 pm

Thanks Denise!

27. Robin King

March 26th, 2018 at 7:00 am

I have a low budget No budget ,Don’t my husband being out if work since August due to a accident, however I need a blender, what do you recommend?

28. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

March 26th, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Hi Robin,

There are plenty of blenders for every budget! My first blender was a super cheap estate sale find! You can find our favorite blenders, at every price point here…

And if you can’t afford a super-powered blender. That’s totally ok! Check out our blending tips here…

29. Reese

July 20th, 2018 at 8:32 am

I was pleasantly surprised. Love it

30. martine noel

August 27th, 2018 at 8:42 am

day 1 is a great one , I love the taste … I noticed makes enough for 2 smoothies , I guess I am drinking till lunch

31. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

August 27th, 2018 at 12:39 pm

So happy you enjoyed the recipe! We cannot wait for you to taste the other 6 days!! 🙂

32. Renee

August 27th, 2018 at 1:23 pm

I started today and although it looks kind of gross, it tastes SO good! It’s refreshing! What do you think about adding low-fat yogurt? Not tgisxwwwk but thinking future! I’m sticking to your plan this week!

33. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

August 28th, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Isn’t it crazy how something can look not so pretty yet taste delicious?! I am so happy you enjoyed this recipe. We like to stay away from dairy products. If you are wanting to make the smoothie more filling you can add some chia seeds or oats to your smoothie! Here is a great article on that.

1 20 21 22 23

Are smoothies good for you?
top Smoothie swag Under $25