Nothing says winter quite like apple cider—and this version takes it to the next level with flavor. Using a slow cooker makes preparing this hot beverage easier than ever, and as the cider mulls, your house will smell fantastic!
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced, optional
- Peel of 1 organic orange, optional
- maple syrup, optional
- Combine in a slow cooker the cider, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and orange peel.
- Heat on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, or until the spices infuse the cider. The longer the cider cooks, the stronger the spice flavor will be.
- Discard the cinnamon sticks, cloves, ginger, and orange peel before serving.
- Store extra cider in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- To make it easier to remove the spices and peel, place them in a few layers of cheesecloth and tie with string to make a nice little bundle. For a sweeter sip, add honey or maple syrup.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crockpot Apple Cider