We pay homage to the shopping mall classic with this Orange Julius Smoothie. We trade loads of sugar and dairy for a fruit-sweetened vegan version that will knock your socks off.
Raise your hand if you remember walking by the shopping mall food court and seeing people all lined up at Orange Julius? And who remembers recreating the creamy orange smoothie in 7th grade home ec?
Why Our Smoothie is WAY Better Than The Original
This Orange Julius Smoothie is free of processed sugar and dairy. It’s 100% plant-based goodness that is even better than the mall original. That sugary mall drink tasted great, but it was completely void of nutrition. I figure if you’re going to eat or drink something, you may as well pack as many vitamins and minerals into as you can.
Our healthy take on an Orange Julius Smoothie combines vitamin C-rich citrus with spinach which helps the body better absorb the iron from the spinach.
This smoothie also contains dietary fiber, which is important for both heart and digestive health, as well as essential B vitamins, vitamin K, potassium, calcium and magnesium, all of which also have heart health benefits.
An Orange Julius Smoothie as a Meal Replacement and More
To make this smoothie into a meal replacement, I recommend adding a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein powder plus a serving of MCT oil. Not only will it make the smoothie more filling, the MCT oil is great for immediate and sustained energy.
When the perfect time to drink a smoothie?
- For breakfast – even on the go with a Mason jar, cute lid, and straw
- As a nutrition-packed snack – step away from the vending machine!
- Before or after a workout – add that protein after a workout and the MCT oil before to fuel your body during your workout
- Anytime you need a refreshing, fruity drink that is loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals
Which smoothie would win in a Blend-Off: The Mall Original or our Healthy Orange Julius? Let us know in the comments!Print
This refreshing green smoothie will leave you deeply satisfied. Feel free to add 1 tsp MCT oil and protein powder for an extra energy boost.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 banana
- Place spinach, oranges and almond milk in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add banana and blend again.
- Use at least one frozen fruit to make the smoothie cold or serve over ice.
- Another non-dairy milk can be substituted for the almond milk, such as hemp, cashew or coconut milk.
- Serving Size: 16 ounces
Keywords: orange julius smoothie, orange, green smoothie