Cacao adds rich chocolate flavor as well as a big boost of iron and other vitamins and minerals coupled with healthy fats.
- 14 ounce can full-fat coconut milk or cream (divided)
- 1 large avocado (quartered and frozen)
- 1/4 cup Certified Organic Cacao Powder
- 2–4 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- sliced strawberries, raspberries, cacao nibs (for serving)
- Shake the coconut milk well.
- Remove and set aside 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk to use for the topping.
- Place remainder in blender or food processor with frozen avocado, cacao powder, maple syrup (or sweetener of choice), vanilla, and pinch sea salt.
- Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides, as needed. (Depending on the blender, you may need to tamp down the ingredients as well.) The texture will be like something between ice cream and pudding.
- Divide the smoothie into two bowls and top with berries.
- Drizzle with reserved coconut milk.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs.
- Serve immediately.
- If needed, 2 medium bananas can be substituted for the avocado. Omit or decrease maple syrup as well.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Chocolate Coconut Mousse