We love, love, love our warm green smoothie recipes! When the cooler weather hits and you’re not in the mood for a cold green smoothie, this is the perfect solution. Snuggle up to a warm mug and enjoy sipping your leafy greens in style. (Be sure to scroll down and watch our video of how to make this healthy smoothie!)
This recipe includes two of our favorite fall and winter produce: butternut squash and pears. Both are naturally sweet, but we’ve roasted the squash to add even more flavor. (But don’t worry, if you don’t want to take that extra step, you can certainly make this smoothie with steamed or canned butternut puree.)
If you’re a fan of squash pies and soup, you’re likely to love this warm green smoothie. It’s comforting and all the right ways, including knowing that it’s packed with nutrients like loads of vitamin A, dietary fiber, and iron.
Butternut Pear Warm Smoothie:
- 3/4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup cashew milk - warmed
- 3/4 cup butternut squash - cooked (see notes)
- 1/2 pear - peeled and cored
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Blend spinach and water until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- To roast the butternut squash: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment (baking) paper or foil. Cut a medium butternut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds from each half. Lightly rub the halves with a little oil. Roast cut side down for 20 minutes, turn squash over and roast for 10-20 minutes longer, or until very tender when pierced with the tip of a knife in the thickest part. Let cool slightly before using for this recipe. Store leftovers, wrapped, in the refrigerator.