These Lemon Fat Bombs are great for a great way to curb your appetite in between meals. They also help your digestive system and enhance mental clarity thanks to the hearty dose of healthy fats and protein. Plus, my lemon melt-aways look gorgeous on a party platter!
I love watching YouTube videos where the babies have their first taste of lemon. It's so funny to watch their faces! They either love it or hate it. As for me, I LOVE lemon! When I was pregnant with my son, I literally ate lemons like apples. I eventually had to stop because my dentist said I was ruining my tooth enamel.
What are Lemon Fat Bombs?
Fat often gets a bad rap. Honestly, your body needs fat to thrive. Yet not all fat is the same. My lemon melt-aways use fat from plants (cashews and coconuts) as well as fresh lemon juice, a bit of maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt for an easy peasy snack. Eat a few of these for your next afternoon snack and feel your brain wake up.
No need for that afternoon caffeine fix, grab one of these instead!
Fat Bomb FAQs
Purposely eating fat can sound scary. Yet our bodies NEED fat to function at our best. So if you're trying to lose weight and you cut out all fat, you aren't doing your body any good! Including healthy, whole-food fats like cashews and coconut oil in these lemon fat bombs is a great way to get good fat back into your diet.
You can include these in your breakfast, especially if you're only getting protein and carbs but no fat. Starting the day off balanced is the best way to go.
Store my lemon melt-aways in the freezer for several months. Once they set the first time, you can transfer them to a freezer-safe container and grab them whenever you want to!
Why Lemon Fat Bombs Make a Great Snack
- A quick alternative to sour candy, especially since my lemon melt-aways don't give me a sugar crash!
- One little treat goes a lot way in satisfying the body as well as the tastebuds.
- These fat bombs help me hang onto my focus thanks to the healthy fats which are incredible for the brain.
- You can make a large batch ahead of time and store it in the freezer until you're ready to enjoy.
Is your mouth watering yet from this lemon fat bomb recipe? Then I have a feeling you'll LOVE my new recipe book. Don't miss out on the healthy and tasty recipes in Simple Green Meals.
Easy Snack Recipes
- Best Green Smoothie
- Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- Homemade Hummus
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
- Flaxseed Smoothie
- Apple 'Donuts'
- Fruit Leather
- Vanilla Protein Shake
- Key Lime Popsicles
- Overnight Oats
Now I got to go run to the kitchen and grab a snack for myself! I love nourishing my body with healthy foods that taste amazing. Which one of these snacks sounds like a winner to you? And don't forget to rate and review my lemon fat bombs; they truly are my go-to!
Lemon Fat BombsRate this Recipe Print Recipe
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (raw)
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon lemon (juice, plus more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Place a baking sheet lined with waxed paper in the freezer OR use silicone ice cube trays.
- In a blender or food processor, blend or process the cashews until finely ground.
- Add the maple syrup and lemon juice and pulse a few times.
- Add the coconut oil and salt. Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Drop 1⁄2 tablespoonfuls of the cashew mixture onto cold baking sheet or into silicone trays. Return the pan to the freezer. (Depending on the size of the baking sheet, you may have to make the lemon bombs in batches.)
- When the drops are solid, peel them from the waxed paper (or pop out of the tray) and store in the freezer in an airtight freezer container.
- Going keto? You can swap out the maple syrup for a dash of stevia.
- Have fun with these! Use your fav silicone mold to shape them into fun shapes, especially if they will be party food.
- If you want to use a high-powered blender to make these, feel free to double or triple the batch.
- Lemon melt-aways can be kept in the freezer for several months.
Plant Based Recipes to Fuel Your Life
This recipe was originally created for my cookbook, Simple Green Meals. If you are trying to eat more plants then this is the cookbook for you! It's full of easy recipes just like the lemon fat bombs with a variety of flavors to fit your preference. I've got you covered for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and more.