The BEST green smoothie recipe is right here… I promise!
Are you wondering why anyone would be excited to drink something as green as this? I hear ya— I’ve been right where you are. And so have 1 million+ others who’ve given this smoothie a chance through our free 7-Day Green Smoothie Challenge.
Before we get to far, I need to make sure you know this…
When I created this beginner friendly green smoothie recipe…it changed my life in more ways than I ever imagine. It was love at first sip for me, my two green smoothie lovin’ kids and over 1 million others who were scared to drink spinach.
I was even able to go on The Doctors with my friend in 2015 to blend green smoothies live on stage! I was nervous, but knew I had to share this incredible wellness drink with the world!
First, we make habits. Then, our habits make us.
This is the daily healthy habit that has helped me lose post-baby weight, gain tons of energy and live the life I always dreamed of. For some reason, I feel responsible for helping you create an amazing list of passions like I have. I want you to see the good in all this green. So stick with me, okay?
How do I make a green smoothie recipe?
All you need to make a tasty green smoothie is a blender, fruit and leafy greens. The right ratio of leafy greens to fruit makes it sweet as you reap all the health benefits of a green smoothie. The key is to use recipes that actually taste good and follow my simple tips below.
- Blend 1 cup of spinach, or another leafy greens of your choice, in a blender.
- Add 1 cup of water and blend well (until all leafy chunks are gone).
- Toss in fruit, such as frozen mango, pineapple and bananas in the blender.
- Next, blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Serve smoothie immediately for maximum nourishment.
How I fueled my passions (and you can too!)
It may sound too good to be true, but I promise you it’s not. This simple green smoothie is the best thing I’ve ever tried and the only healthy habit that’s ever stuck. It’s been 8 years of drinking green smoothies as a family, and we’re still blending and feeling amazing!
Heck, drinking this daily green smoothie is what helped me get the body and energy to do some incredible things like ran 47 miles of the Grand Canyon, rode motorcycles through Morocco, published two best-selling recipe books and created a backyard garden for my kids. It’s the recipe that has kept my kids healthy when we didn’t have health insurance, energized in between school and sports and nourished most days.
The Beginner Friendly Green Smoothie Recipe
What we eat can truly transform our bodies and our lives in powerful ways. Especially with a green smoothie recipe as I’ve seen in the lives of over 1 million people. The Beginner’s Luck Green Smoothie is a great tasting recipe that will boost your immune system, AND naturally energize you. It’s full of iron, potassium and vitamins galore— and tastes like a tropical treat from all the island fruit. Yet the best part is how simple and quick it is to make! You only need 4 ingredient and all of them can be found at your local grocery store (and don’t cost a fortune either!). As I say all the time— I’m all for making healthy eating affordable so it’s sustainable.
Here’s a shopping list of what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- fresh spinach
- frozen pineapple
- frozen mango
- fresh banana
I’ve included the full recipe and a video demo for you to watch where I will take you step-by-step through the blending process.
Don’t judge a smoothie by it’s color
You wouldn’t be the first to look at this recipe and say “no way!” Green! Spinach! Yuck! Yet don’t walk away! This bright green gem will actually delight your taste buds. You’ll even have an extra pep in your step when you realize how great you feel!
Even kids LOVE this green smoothie recipe! I started blending this smoothie in my daughter Clare’s kindergarten class four years ago. Now every year, I visit her school and the kids look forward to me making this again. That’s how delicious this green smoothie recipe is!
To reiterate, I really encourage you to dive into the world of green smoothies and see just how delicious healthy tastes.
Not sure if your blender can handle the greens? I’ve created The Ultimate Blender Guide and reviewed countless blenders to find the best ones for green smoothies. The key is to get rid of leafy chunks, blend quickly and provide tons of value for the price. Hint: not all of them cost $400+. 🙂
5 Green Smoothie Tips that Rawk!
- Follow the 60/40 formula. When you’re making your first few green smoothies, don’t just throw things in the blender. Chances are, it’ll taste nasty if you wing it right out of the gate. To save you a few smoothie-fails, bust out those cute lil’ measuring cups learn how to make your own green smoothie.
- Blend in stages to avoid leafy chunks. Chewing your green smoothie is no fun! To get a “smooth” green smoothie experience, blend up your leafy greens and liquid-base first. Add your remaining fruits and blend again.
- Ditch the ice and freeze some fruits. Want your green smoothie to be extra chilly? Freeze your favorite fruits like ripe bananas, grapes, pineapple or berries. You can also freeze your leafy greens in a freezer-safe bag. Just make sure to add your frozen greens straight to the blender.
- Use raw natural sweeteners. Add naturally sweet fruits to any smoothie that tastes bitter or a bit too “green.” My favorite naturally sweet fruits are bananas, mango, apples, pears or pitted dates.
- Make smoothies ahead for the perfect fast food. Life is crazy busy— especially in the morning. That’s why we think green smoothies are the healthiest fast food for people who are constantly on the go. You can prep your green smoothies and blend the night before and store it in your fridge (up to 2 days).
The Beginner’s Luck Green Smoothie is a great beginner friendly green smoothie recipe. It’s full of iron, potassium and vitamins galore— AND tastes like a tropical treat from all the island fruit.
- 1 cup spinach (fresh)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pineapple*
- 1/2 cup mango*
- 1 banana (peeled)
- Tightly pack spinach in a measuring cup.
- Add spinach to blender with water. Blend together until all chunks are gone. (Should resemble green water when blended well).
- Add pineapple, mango and banana to blender. I like to use frozen pineapple and mangos to chill the smoothie down and save time cutting and prepping. It’s a win-win!
- Blend all together until smooth and creamy. Depending on your blender, this could take as little as 30 seconds or as long as 2 minutes.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
- You can also store the smoothie in the fridge with a lid until ready to drink.
*Not a fan of bananas? Swap it for 1/4 avocado or add another 1/2 cup mango to the recipe.
Keywords: green smoothie, tropical smoothie recipe, mango smoothie, healthy
Loved this green smoothie recipe?
Leave a comment + review below sharing what you enjoyed most about Beginner’s Luck Green Smoothies. If you have any questions about the green smoothie world, feel free to comment as well. We will get back with you asap.