Try this natural immune boosting smoothie that has a secret superfood: cabbage. Here’s some of the other ingredients and their benefits:
- Beets are loaded with antioxidants like vitamin C, which can help boost your immune system.
- Flaxseed oil contains both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids; having a proper balance of these fatty acids is important for brain function and heart health.
- Oranges are packed with vitamin C which is one the main things your body needs to boost its immune system.
Why a cabbage smoothie?
We are HUGE fans of putting leafy greens in smoothies. Leafy greens aid in digestion with the added fiber, and are packed with protein (among many other nutrients)!
Cabbage is no different, but its extra amounts of vitamin C and K make it truly unique.
Being a cruciferous leafy green, cabbage has been linked with being able to reduce inflammation—even chronic inflammation. It’s loaded with antioxidants that help to fight for the good of your body!
Try this cabbage smoothie recipe and leave a comment letting us know what you think!Print
Catch a cold? Try this green smoothie to help nurse yourself back to health! Beets are loaded with antioxidants like vitamin C, which can help boost your immune system. Flaxseed oil contains both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids; having a proper balance of these fatty acids is important for brain function and heart health.
- 2 cups green cabbage
- 1 cup water
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup peeled and cubed raw golden beet
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- Blend the cabbage, water, and oranges until smooth.
- Add the pineapple, beet, lemon juice, and flaxseed oil and blend again.
Keywords: cabbage smoothie