This healthy peach smoothie makes a delicious quick breakfast. If you’re trying to make healthier habits, start with a recipe like this. It tastes like a peach milkshake, but way better for you. The coconut milk makes it extra creamy and rich.
Fresh vs. Frozen Peaches
When peach season hits, it’s hard to not want to put them in or on everything. I love the way they sweeten up my smoothies. I freeze them by the bushel so I can enjoy the flavor of summer and fall peaches all winter long. You simply can’t beat a summery peach green smoothie during anytime of year.
How to freeze peaches
If you find a deal on fresh peaches and buy a bunch. You can easily freeze them to use in this smoothie. Here’s how to do it so they don’t stick to together:
- Cut the peach in half.
- Remove the pit and cut into quarters.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure they don’t touch. Freeze for 1-2 hours and then toss into a freezer safe bag.
If you’re not able to find peaches for this peach smoothie recipe, check your frozen fruit section. Most grocery stores carry them frozen ( I use them most of the time). They aren’t as flavorful as a fresh summer peach, but they’re already cut and frozen for you.
What’s in a Peach Smoothie
Most peach smoothies use yogurt, cow’s milk or ice cream. These ingredients can cause digestive and skin issues, which are no bueno around here. Yet have no fear— this healthy peach smoothie recipe uses plant-based whole foods to create a simple, 4-ingredient smoothie that tastes even better.
Besides peaches, this smoothie also includes a coconut milk, spinach and orange. The orange gives this smoothie an extra boost of vitamin C. The sweet-tart flavor of the orange also helps bring out the “peachiness” of the peaches.
Coconut milk adds healthy fat and creaminess. Depending on where you stand in the healthy fats world, you can use low fat or full fat coconut milk. The natural fats in coconut will help curb your appetite and aid in the absorption of vitamins and minerals.
More Healthy Peach Smoothie Recipes
- Spinach Peach Smoothie
- Peach Probiotic Smoothie
- Fennel Strawberry Peach Smoothie
- Raspberry Peach Smoothie
Healthy Peach Smoothie
- Blend spinach and coconut milk until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Any variety of peaches or nectarines is fine. Other stone fruits like apricots, plums, and cherries can also be used if peaches aren't available.
- Use at least one frozen fruit to make it cold.