The latest coffee trend…now plant-based and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar. Whip up a batch in less than 10 minutes and feel the energy! Can serve hot or cold.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsweetened plant milk (such as almond milk, cashew milk, oatmilk), heated or chilled
- In a large bowl, whisk together instant coffee, coconut sugar, and water until coffee and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Vigorously whisk the mixture until thick and creamy looking. (The coffee mixture should hold peaks like whipped cream.) Alternatively, use a hand mixer or stick blender with whipping blade to whip the coffee mixture.
- To serve, pour 1/2 cup plant milk into each glass. Divide the whipped coffee between the glasses. Serve immediately.
- Do not use finely ground coffee instead of instant, it will not work. The recipe will work with less or no sugar if you prefer your coffee less sweet or unsweetened. The whipped coffee mixture will not keep well; it is best made and used right away.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Whisking
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: vegan coffee, vegan dalgona, dalgona coffee, plant-based coffee, non-dairy dalgona coffee