7-DAY RESET IS HERE
TOP WINTER RECIPES
PLANT-BASED GUIDEBOOK

Sign up now to get my fav green smoothie recipes, shopping list and access to our smoothie support group.

year!

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER

Holiday Cranberry Smoothie

This Holiday Cranberry Smoothie tastes delicious and is also a great way to boost your urinary tract health and gut health too.
Holiday Cranberry Smoothie | SimpleGreenSmoothies.com #smoothie #greensmoothie #vegan

This is a very wintery cranberry smoothie – and one of my favorites. I love cranberries and oranges! And enjoying them together is even better.

Cranberries don’t grow everywhere – they like cooler environments such as in parts of Canada, the East Coast of the United States, and the Pacific Northwest. They grow on low-lying bushes in bogs that are flooded during the yearly harvest. While you will only see fresh cranberries in the late fall and early winter, they are available year-round frozen.

Cranberry Health Benefits

Cranberries have long been known to benefit urinary tract health by preventing infections. But that’s not the only cranberries can do!

Cranberries also:

• contain powerful antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals – especially vitamin C, manganese, fiber, vitamin E, copper, vitamin K, and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5).
  • contain over two dozen phytonutrients, including proanthrocyanidins and anthrocyanins, flavonols, tannins, hydroxybenzoic acids, and more.
  • improve digestion
  • reduce bad cholesterol
  • prevent gum disease
  • boost the immune system
  • are low in sugar and overal calories
  • have anti-inflammatory properties

Benefits of Fresh vs. Frozen Cranberries

Fresh or frozen cranberries both work fine in this recipe. The benefit of using frozen cranberries is that it can help your smoothie be cold. But freezing doesn’t affect the nutrient content of the fruit.

When you buy a bag for Thanksgiving dinner, add a few more to the cart and freeze them to use all year long.

How To Give This Cranberry Smoothie an Extra Boost

Most of our plant-powered smoothie recipes don’t include any extras in them. That allows our community of smoothie drinkers to customize their smoothie to fit their lifestyle.

Feel free to add a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein powder plus some healthy fat to make this a meal replacement.

For a little boost of energy, add 1 teaspoon MCT oil to increase your metabolism.

To add some extra electrolyte action, use coconut water instead of plain water.

Healthy Holiday Cranberry Smoothie | SimpleGreenSmoothies.com #vegan #plantbased #cranberry

Holiday Cranberry Smoothie

• Author: Jen
  • Yield: 1 1x
  • Category: Breakfast, Drinks
  • Method: Blending
  • Cuisine: Healthy

This is a very wintery smoothie—and one of my favorites. I love cranberries and oranges! Feel free to add 1 tsp MCT oil to get an energy boost and increase your metabolism.

• 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1 cup water
  • 1⁄2 cup cranberries
  • 1 orange, peeled
  • 1⁄2 banana

1. Place spinach and water in blender. Puree until smooth.
  2. Add fruit and blend again.

Use at least one frozen fruit to make the smoothie cold or serve over ice.

Keywords: cranberry smoothie, holiday, green smoothie

Transform your health with tasty recipes + meal plans that fuel your body so you're able to go after your passions no matter what stage of life you're in.

Plant-Powered Meal Planner
learn more

7-DAY WINTER RESET

Now, LET'S DISCUSS...

1. Sandra

January 3rd, 2019 at 11:43 am

I found this smoothie too watery and acidic tasting. I like to use more fruits and protein powder. I think the recipe should say a specific amount of banana since they are all different sizes. I added a whole medium sized banana, 1 tbsp. honey and 1/4 cup frozen blueberries. I will try it again using protein powder.

2. Carolyn M Regan

January 3rd, 2019 at 11:56 am

This Cranberry Smoothie was better than expected however not one I would rush back to. It was very tangy and might have been offset by adding a little more banana for creaminess and replacing the water with almond milk. It needed something to temper it.

3. Julie

January 3rd, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Pucker up your lips! Tart but tasty!

4. Teresa Chambers

January 3rd, 2019 at 3:01 pm

Really enjoyed the flavor! To avoid the bulky pulp I peeled off the skin if each section of the orange.

5. Sandie

January 3rd, 2019 at 3:38 pm

I love this one, so I made it again.

6. Suzette Boling

January 3rd, 2019 at 5:51 pm

This isn’t one of my favorites. But if you love tart tasting things this will be the one for you!!!

7. Giselle Ferguson

January 3rd, 2019 at 7:36 pm

I was hesitant on trying a smoothie with cranberries, but I’m glad I did. If your already a fan of real cranberry juice you’ll love this green smoothie.

8. Kim Aumonier

January 4th, 2019 at 12:41 am

I’m not normally a cranberry fan, but this wasn’t bad. A little tart, but the banana tones it down a bit.

9. Amelia

January 4th, 2019 at 1:44 am

I liked the sweet tart taste of the holiday cranberry smoothie and that it was good for me. Yum 4 stars

10. Marla

January 4th, 2019 at 7:52 am

I didn’t like how it had pieces from the cranberry skin. Maybe need to soften them more

11. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

January 6th, 2019 at 8:36 pm

Hey Marla,

Depending on what type of blender you have, you might want to blend the cranberries and liquid first and see if that helps.

12. Ronna Acevedo

January 4th, 2019 at 11:14 am

Just adding the cranberry was so simple and gave my smoothie some extra zing!

13. Lynn Schutte

January 4th, 2019 at 1:13 pm

I LOVED this! It’s been a while since I had a green smoothie, and I’ll be honest – when I took this off the blender it smelled like spinach and sadness. I was a little scared, I’ll admit, but it blew me away! Such bright, citrus-y, delicious flavors! This is definitely going into my rotation.

14. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

January 6th, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Hey Lynn,

Yay!! I am so happy to hear that this recipe was a winner for you!

That is why we love letting you try so many different recipes so you can find the ones you love and add it to your list of favorites 🙂

15. Rhonda Thiele

January 4th, 2019 at 1:29 pm

I love these simple ingredient smoothies…so easy to make and generally ingredients that I always have on hand. No excuse to not have a green smoothie everyday! 🙂

16. Rebecca

January 4th, 2019 at 3:49 pm

The cranberry was a bit tart for me. Next time I might try adding more banana to sweeten it more.

17. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

January 6th, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Hey Rebecca,

You can always add some extra sweeteners to your smoothie if it is too tart tasting.

These are some all natural sweeteners that we love:

18. Katrina

January 4th, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Yum! I replaced the cranberry with cherries, and oh what a yummy summer-y smoothie (it’s summer here in Australia). Just perfect for gulping down after my morning run (in 28°C heat with 80% humidity!! )

1 4 5 6 7 8

Are smoothies good for you?
top Smoothie swag Under $25