There are times when I am feeling super hungry, and nothing else can quite hit the spot like a delicious and quick snack. You know what I’m talking about, right? When mid-afternoon hits, and you’re feeling a little sleepy… you just need something quick to keep those energy levels up and the “hangry” levels down.
If you resonate with any of that, then these Apple Cinnamon “Donuts” are just the thing for you!
A Quick Snack Recipe You Must Try
These donut-shaped apple slices are slathered in almond butter and cinnamon, and ready for you to place any other ingredient on top that would pair well: strawberries, bananas, shredded coconut, hemp hearts… you name it! One of the main reasons I love this simple recipe is because of how quick and easy it is to make, with almost no clean up.
Try this recipe today! If you end up liking it, then you may want to consider going through Thrive: A 7-Day Reset, which is the program that this recipe comes from 🙂Print
This tasty snack is a take on everyone’s favorite apple n’ nut butter combo. But we love how darling (and sneaky!) these fruity “donuts” are. Get creative and have fun topping the apple rings with your favorite toppings.
- 1 green apple (, cored and cut into 1/4-inch rings)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: Top with shredded coconut, hemp hearts, sliced strawberries or bananas
- Stir cinnamon and vanilla extract into the almond butter.
- Spread a thin layer of the almond butter on one side of each apple ring.
- Sprinkle with desired toppings and eat immediately.
Feel free to experiment with other fruits like peaches and pears!