If you’re looking for a quick, healthy, single-serving dessert, this Paleo Mug Cake is it! To give this cake a rich, chocolatey-flavor, we use raw cocao powder. Cacao is known for it’s superfood qualities—containing more antioxidants than blueberries, high levels of plant-based iron, and lots of heart-healthy magnesium, this delicious food should definitely be a staple in your pantry!
This dessert could not be easier to make. Mix up the ingredients in a mug, pop in the microwave, and dig into chocolatey heaven! If you’re feeling extra decadent, toss a tablespoon or two of dark chocolate chips on top of the batter before microwaving, and serve with a dollop of coconut cream. Enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp cocao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp almond milk (unsweetened)
- Place egg into the mug. Beat with a fork. Add the maple syrup and beat again. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Place in microwave for 60-90 seconds. Higher wattage microwaves may cook more quickly. The cake will rise up a bit and sink after cooking. The texture can vary between cakey or a more fudgy cake depending on how long it’s cooked.
- If desired, serve with a dollop of coconut cream or a sprinkle of cocao powder.