Adding healthy fats to your smoothies with coconut milk smoothie cubes can help keep you fuller longer! This recipe is completely plant based and takes just minutes to make.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk, at room temperature
- 8 oz MCT oil (Medium-Chain Triglycerides derived from coconut oil)
- Blend raw cashews. Pulse 10 times for 1-2 seconds each, or until cashews are finely ground.
- Add coconut oil and MCT oil. Blend again until smooth and creamy. You should have about 4 cups of liquid.
- Fill two, 16-well standard ice cube trays or equivalent molds, with the coconut milk mixture. Each well should hold about 2 tablespoons each. Rap on counter to remove air bubbles. Place in freezer for several hours or overnight.
- To Use add 1 cube per 16-oz serving of your fav smoothie recipe.
Other nuts or seeds can be substituted for the cashews, such as macadamia nuts, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds, etc. Use 1 3/4 cup seeds to replace 2 cups raw nuts.
Coconut milk can be substituted with 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut plus 1 cup water. Blend dried coconut with cashews during first step, then add the water along with the MCT oil.
For those allergic to coconut, substitute another healthy oil such as flax, avocado, or other nut/seed oils that can be tolerated. Substitute the coconut milk with another non-dairy milk
Substitutions will change nutrition information
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: smoothie cubes, healthy fats, healthy fat sources