Fall is here and the pumpkin benefits abound! Pumpkin is everywhere so, naturally, we decided to give you a delicious seasonal pumpkin smoothie.
- 2 tbs chopped pecans, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower florets**
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1–2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
- Place pecans, almond milk, and cauliflower florets into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, add any extra chopped pecans on top, and sprinkle a few more dashes of cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Enjoy!
*It’s best to use unsweetened non-dairy milk. If you are using a sweetened version, then cut the amount of maple syrup in half.
**Frozen cauliflower (instead of fresh) has a few benefits when blending smoothies. First, it doesn’t pack the same sulfury odor and taste as its raw or cooked counterparts, making it almost undetectable in smoothie form. Second, using frozen cauliflower helps make this a cold smoothie with a creamy, milkshake-like consistency. You can use fresh cauliflower if you prefer, but try frozen if possible!
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pumpkin Smoothie