These healthy Rice Krispie Treats use plant-based whole foods from brown rice to almond butter. Not only will you find more protein and fiber, but the flavor will blow you away.
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 7 cups crisp brown rice cereal
- Line a 13 × 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the rice syrup, oil, vanilla, and salt. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Stir in the almond butter and cinnamon.
- Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl. Pour the almond butter mixture over the cereal and stir until well coated. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
- Using oiled hands, press the mixture evenly into the pan. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
GLUTEN FREE, NUT FREE (replace almond butter with sunflower butter), VEGAN, DAIRY FREE
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy rice crispy treat