We’ve created a simple paleo green smoothie that will delight your tastebuds while helping you stick to your eating plan.
If you’re eating paleo, you know that eating a plethora of fruits and veggies is very important. A paleo diet doesn’t have to just be about eating all the meat, chicken, and eggs you want. (It’s a lot more than that really!) At Simple Green Smoothies, we feel our best eating a plant-based whole food diet, yet are happy to stray when the cravings or celebrations come our way.
Full-fat coconut milk adds so much flavor and rich texture to this smoothie, not to mention is goes splendidly with the cherries – almost like a milkshake! We’ve used chard (also known as silver beet) as our leafy green, but any leafy green would be fantastic here. It’s loaded up with healthy fats, fiber, and other nutrients to keep you going strong.
If you want to give this smoothie a boost of protein, feel free to use your favorite one listed in the ingredient list below.
Paleo Green Smoothie Recipes
Looking for more paleo-friendly smoothies? We’ve got loads of ’em! Check out these delicious picks:Print
This rich, creamy coconut-milk based paleo green smoothie is full of sweet fruity flavor, fiber, leafy greens, and other nutrients to keep you going strong.
- 1 cup power greens blend (baby kale, spinach, chard)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 large navel orange (peeled)
- 1/2 medium carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup cherries (frozen)
- Optional protein booster (see recipe notes)
- Blend chard, water, and coconut milk until smooth.
- Next add the orange, carrot, cherries, and any additional protein boost, if using. Blend again until smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Ramp up the protein content of this smoothie by using one of the following: 2 tablespoons grass-fed beef gelatin powder, egg white powder, or other paleo protein powder
Keywords: Cherry Coconut Smoothie, Paleo Smoothie