Looking for a fun, fall-inspired breakfast dish that your friends and family will love? These pumpkin pancakes are sure to fit the bill! Not only are these whole grain pancakes absolutely scrumptious, but the pumpkin adds a healthy dose of fiber, vitamin A, and beta-carotene. You can serve them up the traditional way with maple syrup and a pat of butter, or top them with a dollop of homemade jam or apple butter. Makes 12 six-inch pancakes (4 servings)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed, soaked in 6 Tbsp water
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 1 tbsp melted vegan butter (plus more for cooking and serving)
- Whisk flour, baking powder, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and sea salt together in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk milk, pumpkin puree, flaxseed mixture, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon melted butter until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. The mixture should have a few lumps and not be completely smooth. If the batter is too thick, thin out with a little more milk.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little butter to the pan or griddle and spread it evenly. Ladle about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the heated, butter griddle or pan, working in batches as needed.
- Serve with maple syrup or jam.
Keywords: Pumpkin pancake recipe