This Veggie Bowl recipe is super fresh, nutrient-dense and bursting with flavors! The rice and teriyaki spice blend can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator to speed up the process. Recipe yields 1 meal-sized bowl.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp of Teriyaki Spice Blend (see notes)
- 1/4 cup tofu, optional + 1 Tbsp Teriyaki Spice Blend
- crushed red pepper, optional
- Cook brown rice as directed on packaging to yield 1 cup when cooked. (you can make more for leftovers too)
- If using tofu, chop into bite size pieces for quicker cooking. Remove as much water as possible by setting paper towels around and on top of tofu. Place something heavy on top of tofu to squeeze out the water (like a cast iron pan) for 15 minutes. Then set on a lined baking sheet and brush 1 Tbsp Teriyaki Spice blend on top and bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Flip and bake until golden brown on edges (about 10 min more).
- Chop and slice vegetables. Set cabbage aside.
- Toss vegetables (except cabbage) in a bowl with coconut oil and Teriyaki Spice Blend.
- Spread evenly on a lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. If you like roasted pineapple, feel free to add it to the pan! Otherwise, it can be added as a topping at the end.
- Arrange items in bowl like this: cooked rice, veggies, cabbage, pineapple and tofu.
Teriyaki Spice Blend: 8 tbsp tamari, 4 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp freshly grated ginger, 2 finely minced garlic cloves. Mix together (or use a food processor). Store in fridge until ready to use. Makes 8 servings.
Keywords: veggie bowl, teriyaki veggie bowl