With just 5 simple ingredients, this nutrient-packed avocado smoothie recipe blends up in minutes for a satisfying breakfast or hearty snack. I often drink this smoothie as my lunch when I’m glued to my laptop and not moving very much.
I like that it’s not heavy on the calories, yet it’s quite filling due to the fiber, healthy fats and protein. This avocado smoothie recipe actually keeps me full for hours, which is impressive!
Table of Contents
Health Benefits of an Avocado Smoothie
To make this recipe, all you need are 5 plant-based ingredients. How can you go wrong with a smoothie recipe loaded with tasty, good for you ingredients?!
- Avocado is the rawkstar of this smoothie. Avocado contains 26% of the RDI of vitamin K, 20% of the RDI of folate, and a whooping 15 grams of healthy fat, as well as more potassium than a banana (for real!).
- Cashews + cashew milk are another healthy fat and provide great protein for this smoothie. When trying to make any smoothie creamier, I often throw in a handful of cashews.
- Spinach is a powerhouse leafy green that shines in this avocado smoothie. Rich in antioxidants, it provides 2.9 grams of protein per serving, plus a mild taste that is easy to add to many smoothie recipes.
- Pineapple provides the tropical kick to this smoothie. It pairs so nicely with the avocado + cashews, and pineapple is naturally boosted with vitamin C, bringing that powerhouse vitamin to this smoothie.
How to Make an Avocado Smoothie
When making this smoothie recipe, I use frozen pineapple. It cuts down on my prep time + when I get a big bag of frozen pineapple at Costco, I save money too.
First blend the cashew milk, spinach, and cashews together. Once creamy, add in the remaining ingredients and blend again.
This 2x blending process helps all the ingredients to break down properly in most standard blenders. If you have a high powered blender, then just dump all 5 ingredients in at once and watch the magic happen.
Allergic to nuts?
Although I love the pairing of nutty cashew milk and tropical pineapple, you can easily swap out the cashew milk for an equal amount of oat milk or flax milk. Also, a tablespoon of organic flaxseed replaces the cashews if you need to be nut free.
While cashews aren’t technically nuts, they are often associated with tree nut allergies, so keep that in mind when blending this avocado smoothie.
Other Ingredient Swaps
If pineapple isn’t available, then try mango or a stone fruit like peach or nectarine. Swap cashew milk with a carton coconut milk (not full fat), or almond milk.
Swiss chard or baby kale is a great swap for spinach. Cashews can be swapped with hemp hearts to keep up the healthy fat content.
More Smoothies with Avocado
I love using avocado in smoothies as a healthy fat, to up the cream factor, and for more nutrients. Here are some of my other fave smoothies that use avocado:
- Avocado banana smoothie
- Chocolate smoothie bowl
- Skin cleanser smoothie
- Brain food smoothie
- Fat burning smoothie
Don’t be afraid to take any of my green smoothie recipes and toss in 1/4 to 1/2 avocado per serving, to get some great fat benefits. Your skin and body will thank you!
Don’t forget to rate + review this recipe once you’ve tried it. I love getting your feedback!
Creamy Avocado Smoothie
- Blend the spinach, cashews, and cashew milk together.
- Add the avocado and pineapple and blend again.