Think of Avocado Crema as an incredible guacamole dressing: thick, creamy, with a hint of spice and fresh lime juice. The added coconut milk gives it a nice drizzling quality. Feel free to add more spice if you can take the heat.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ jalapeno or serrano chile, seeds and ribs removed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend or process until smooth. Taste and add more salt or lime juice, to taste.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Variation: Prepare crema as directed above, using ¼ cup lime juice and omitting the jalapeno or serrano chile. Transfer to a bowl and stir in 1 finely chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce.
Keywords: avocado crema recipe