One of the biggest tailgate staples is Buffalo Chicken Wings. I’ve never been a fan of the wings, but I love the spicy, hot flavor of buffalo sauce. You can find Cauliflower Buffalo Wings and 100+ recipes in my new book, Simple Green Meals.
Football season is here and even if you don’t care about the game, there’s one thing I’m pretty sure we can all agree on…. SNACKS! Are you looking for a healthy alternative to your favorite gameday snack? Then this recipe is for you! #goteam
Why I Can’t Get Enough Of These Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- The hotter, the better is my motto! Add as little or as much hot sauce you want.. just keep a glass of water nearby!
- Vegetarian alternative to a classic is the best way to share this recipe. Not everyone will eat chicken wings, but I think everyone can agree that these Buffalo Chicken Wings will be a crowd pleaser.
- Ranch dressing. Need I say more? You’re going to fall in love with the creaminess of this ranch dressing and you don’t have to feel bad about it.
Are you ready for your mind to be blown? Get ready because these “wings” are packin’ the heat!Print
I’ve never been a fan of chicken wings—yet I love the spicy-hot flavor! I was so excited when I got this plant-based recipe to work.
For the wings
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
Cashew Ranch Dipping Sauce (Makes About 1/2 Cup)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of paprika
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, water, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk until smooth and well combined. Dip the cauliflower pieces in the batter, making sure each piece is well coated, and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, turning the pieces over halfway through the baking time.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, stir together the oil and hot sauce. When the cauliflower is done, transfer the pieces to the bowl with the sauce and toss well. Place the coated cauliflower back on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until crispy. Let cool slightly. Serve the cauliflower with dipping sauce.
CASHEW RANCH DIPPING SAUCE (Makes About 1/2 Cup)
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl. Pour 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice over the top. Add enough water to cover by a few inches. Let soak 2 hours, then drain and rinse well.
- In a food processor, combine the cashews, 1/4 cup water, dillweed, garlic powder, paprika, the remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides as needed. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN, DAIRY FREE
Keywords: Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Order my new book now at a LOW price!
I just got wind that Simple Green Meals has dropped from $24.99 to $16.37. Don’t miss out on the savings and order now on Amazon! Maybe even order a couple! Once you place your order, make sure to grab your complimentary bonus recipes sneak peak guide and meal planning templates as a special thank you for ordering.