I’ve never been a fan of chicken wings—yet I love the spicy-hot flavor! I was so excited when I got this plant-based recipe to work.
For the wings
1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
Cashew ranch dipping sauce (below)
Cashew Ranch Dipping Sauce (Makes About 1/2 Cup)
1/2 cup raw cashews
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of paprika
sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, water, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk until smooth and well combined. Dip the cauliflower pieces in the batter, making sure each piece is well coated, and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, turning the pieces over halfway through the baking time.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, stir together the oil and hot sauce. When the cauliflower is done, transfer the pieces to the bowl with the sauce and toss well. Place the coated cauliflower back on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until crispy. Let cool slightly. Serve the cauliflower with dipping sauce.
CASHEW RANCH DIPPING SAUCE (Makes About 1/2 Cup)
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl. Pour 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice over the top. Add enough water to cover by a few inches. Let soak 2 hours, then drain and rinse well.
- In a food processor, combine the cashews, 1/4 cup water, dillweed, garlic powder, paprika, the remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides as needed. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN, DAIRY FREE
Keywords: Cauliflower Buffalo Wings