Slightly crisp roasted chickpeas are a fantastic plant-based taco filling. Load the tacos up with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Two (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin*
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt*
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika*
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder*
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder*
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne*
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper*
- Toppings: pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, avocado crema
*You can also use taco seasoning instead of each individual spice, if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine drained chickpeas, diced onion, 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice maple syrup, and spices. Toss until well-coated. Spread in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and slightly crisp. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and shake the baking sheet so the chickpeas roll around and are lightly coated with the oil.
- Transfer to a bowl and keep warm. Serve immediately in tortillas with desired toppings.
Keywords: chickpea tacos