If you love the taste of coconut, almond, and chocolate together, then this Coconut Joy Vegan Smoothie Bowl will hit the spot! It’s made with 100% plant-based ingredients to fuel your body and give it the nutrients it needs to keep going strong.
Smoothie bowls are simply just smoothies in a bowl. But they are fun to eat because you can top them with just about anything your heart desires. Sliced bananas, crunchy toasted coconut, almonds, and cacao nibs top our vegan smoothie bowl. So much deliciousness in every bite!
Moving to a more plant-focused way of eating doesn’t mean sacrificing anything. You’re getting way more in return! Green smoothies are a great way to start your journey to eating more plants, and what better way than in a dessert? 😉
When we blend up this vegan smoothie bowl, we use a little less liquid than we do for smoothies we drink. Depending on your blender, you may even be able to duplicate a soft-serve ice cream texture – even better!
It all starts with spinach. Spinach is a leafy green super hero ingredient, and it boasts high amounts of iron, vitamins and minerals, and fiber. For any newbies out there, I can assure you that you can’t taste the spinach, just creamy coconut, chocolate, and almond with a hint of banana. Frozen bananas are often our go-to for vegan smoothie bowls because they yield a creamy texture. If bananas aren’t your thing, feel free to substitute frozen avocado. Nut allergy? No worries! You can substitute any seed butter for the almond butter, and use a nut-free milk like oat or hemp milk in place of the coconut milk.Print
Blend up some plant-based goodness for a delicious, nutrient-rich dessert or snack. The flavors of coconut, chocolate, and almond come together quickly and simply.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Topping ideas: sliced banana, toasted almonds and coconut flakes, cacao nibs, maple drizzle
- Place spinach and coconut milk into a blender. Puree until smooth. (Stop and scrape down sides as needed, especially if blender is on the larger side.)
- Add frozen banana and remaining ingredients. Keep blending, using a tamper, if needed, until fully blended. The texture should be like soft-serve ice cream.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with desired toppings.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- Frozen avocado can be substituted for the banana, if desired. Add extra maple syrup, to taste.
- Almond milk or another non-dairy beverage can be used instead of full-fat coconut milk.