I’m a huge fan of swapping traditional pasta for veggie noodles in this mediterranean recipe. And this recipe is no different! Spaghetti squash is very mild and has a great texture that can hold up to sauces and toppings like a champ.
- 1/2 spaghetti squash, seeds removed
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt + pepper, for seasoning
- 1 cup (250mL) kale, cut into ribbons
- 1/4 cup (60mL) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60mL) kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup (60mL) walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped or julienned
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the squash half on the baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil (just enough to keep it from drying out) and season well with salt and pepper. Flip it over and bake, cut-side down for 40–45 minutes.
- To test for doneness, insert the tip of a sharp knife into the squash at various places. It should be easily pierced. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve, use a fork to scrape the squash strands away from the shell. Season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Place the kale, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, walnuts, and sun-dried tomatoes on top of the squash.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top, drizzle with olive oil, and top with the Vegan Cheeze Sprinkle, chopped fresh parsley, and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Eat immediately.
Keywords: veggie bowl, mediterranean dish, roasted squash