Ginger and turmeric are great for fighting inflammation along. Imagine what they can do TOGETHER in this tasty Turmeric Tea Recipe. You can find this and 100+ recipes in my new book, Simple Green Meals.
Turmeric is one of the trendiest superfoods right now. I am not one to follow the trends, unless it’ s warranted and I think this one is. Yet to maximizes the natural antioxidants of turmeric, you need to combine it with other beneficial spices and a little bit of fat. My 5-minute Turmeric Tea does all of that for you… and some. 🙂
Why a Turmeric Drink is a must have
- I love sipping on this natural warming drink on a cold morning after the kids go off to school.
- Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and for runners like me, my joints can use all the help I can get!
- Ginger helps reduce bloating and indigestion.
Get ready for your favorite new night time drink with my Turmeric Tea Recipe that you can make in 5 minutes or less!Print
Turmeric and ginger are superheros when it comes to fighting inflammation. They are also really good for warming up your insides on a cold night, which is when you’ll find me sipping on this drink. I know the black pepper may seem strange, but it’s essential for the efficacy of the turmeric. If the turmeric flavor is too strong for you, feel free to start with less and work up to as much as you can tolerate.
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon raw honey*
1 tablespoon organic virgin coconut oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the turmeric, cinnamon, pepper, and ginger.
- Whisk in the coconut milk, honey, and oil.
- Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, until very hot but not boiling.
- Pour into a blender and carefully blend on low until frothy.
*To make vegan, sub maple syrup for the honey
Keywords: turmeric golden milk latte