Create your own signature veggie bowl using this simple guide.
Lately, it’s hard to predict what is going to be available in the grocery store. This makes a weekly meal plan + shopping list a bit of a challenge. For members of Rawk the Year, we’re creating “mix and match” guides to help build taste recipes using the ingredients you’re able to find. So far we’ve got:
- Build your own Smoothie
- Mix + Match Breakfast Bowls
- Build your own Sauce Bar
- Upgrade your Toast Bar
- and many more coming!
Today, I wanted to share the Veggie Bowl Guide with you for free so you can start creating nutrient dense bowls right now.
- Download + print the Build your own Veggie Bowl PDF here
- Scroll through the veggie bowl recipes below for inspiration
- Decide what to make and head to the store. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, that’s okay because you can always mix and match with this guide.
- Want an exact recipe? I’ve included the Teriyaki Veggie Bowl below.
Inspiration! 6 veggie bowl recipes
Grilled Squash Bowl
This bowl includes brown rice, Brussels sprouts, summer squash, sweet potatoes and avocado.
This bowl includes brown rice, black beans, roasted peppers and onion, romaine, guacamole, cashew cream, salsa, and lime.
Simple Green Bowl
Happy Vegetable Bowl
This bowl includes quinoa, Brussels sprouts, kale, sweet potato and a delicious coconut Sriracha sauce. Get the recipe here.
What is quinoa? This ancient seed is one of my favorites to use in a Veggie bowl because it’s light, gluten free, and packed with protein!
Sesame Celery Bowl
This bowl includes fresh spinach, chickpeas, celery, carrots, cucumber, green onions, avocado, almonds and a spicy asian dressing. Get the exact recipe from my book, Simple Green Meals.
Teriyaki Veggie Bowl
This bowl is packed with flavors from the brown rice, squash, broccoli, cabbage, pineapple and tofu. I’ve included the recipe below too since it’s sooooo good! I suggest doubling or quadrupling the recipe so you can have leftovers throughout the week for easy meal prep. This bowl reheats nicely and almost comes alive more, kinda like leftover Italian food. 🙂Print
This Veggie Bowl recipe is super fresh, nutrient-dense and bursting with flavors! The rice and teriyaki spice blend can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator to speed up the process. Recipe yields 1 meal-sized bowl.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp of Teriyaki Spice Blend (see notes)
- 1/4 cup tofu, optional + 1 Tbsp Teriyaki Spice Blend
- crushed red pepper, optional
- Cook brown rice as directed on packaging to yield 1 cup when cooked. (you can make more for leftovers too)
- If using tofu, chop into bite size pieces for quicker cooking. Remove as much water as possible by setting paper towels around and on top of tofu. Place something heavy on top of tofu to squeeze out the water (like a cast iron pan) for 15 minutes. Then set on a lined baking sheet and brush 1 Tbsp Teriyaki Spice blend on top and bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Flip and bake until golden brown on edges (about 10 min more).
- Chop and slice vegetables. Set cabbage aside.
- Toss vegetables (except cabbage) in a bowl with coconut oil and Teriyaki Spice Blend.
- Spread evenly on a lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. If you like roasted pineapple, feel free to add it to the pan! Otherwise, it can be added as a topping at the end.
- Arrange items in bowl like this: cooked rice, veggies, cabbage, pineapple and tofu.
Teriyaki Spice Blend: 8 tbsp tamari, 4 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp freshly grated ginger, 2 finely minced garlic cloves. Mix together (or use a food processor). Store in fridge until ready to use. Makes 8 servings.
Keywords: veggie bowl, teriyaki veggie bowl