Stuck in a health rut? Craving more energy? Or maybe you just really love smoothies? 🙋♀️ Well, this 3-Day Smoothie Diet Plan is for you! I’ve included a variety of delicious smoothie recipes, a calculated grocery list and daily smoothie menu to make the next three days awesome.
This plan is possible with Rawk the Year: Meal Planner, an amazing tool to create custom healthy meal plans in less than ten minutes a week.
Table of Contents
Blending up your daily dose of fruits and vegetables is a great way to nourish the body. If you’ve done my 21-Day Cleanse, you know eating more plants makes us feel so much better. There’s also a TON of prep when overhauling your entire diet.
This 3-Day Smoothie Diet Plan is the opposite of that. You’ll shop, prep and blend in just minutes.
Free Smoothie Diet Plan Download
For three straight days, you’ll be blending a variety of fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds in your blender. If you don’t have a high-powered blender yet, then explore these top blenders for smoothies.
Smoothie Plan Menu
The PDF menu includes five recipes to enjoy each day. The interactive menu allows you to track your progress and check off each smoothie as you make it and also click on the recipe image to access to entire recipe. If you want to add in protein powder or an extra non-smoothie meal then keep reading; I’ve got you covered!
Your Grocery List
The grocery list is a PDF that has everything you’ll need to make the recipes for one person. Double the amount if doing with a loved one. Make sure to read labels on the almond milk, almond butter, dates and yogurt. You don’t want any added sugars or artificial ingredients.
Recipes in the Smoothie Diet Plan
This three-day menu is meant to ramp up energy levels, clean out your digestive system and flood your body with nutrients. I chose specific smoothie recipes to give you natural energy and a variety of essential nutrients, including plant-based protein, anti-inflammatory herbs and healthy fats.
Blending Tips for the Smoothie Diet
Your blender will definitely get a workout in blending all 15 smoothies in the 3-Day Smoothie Diet Plan. A standard blender can make these smoothies, yet a high-powered Vitamix blender can make them even better. Here are some recommendations for blending and prepping smoothies.
- Prep smoothies ahead of time: Use quartz-size freezer-safe bags or containers with airtight lids to put smoothie ingredients into single-serving containers (don’t add liquid). Label each recipe and store in the freezer until ready to blend. When it’s time to have that smoothie, add the liquid to the bag and allow it to defrost for 10-15 minutes on the counter. Then add everything to the blender and enjoy! Meal prep smoothies are a great way to save time each day.
- Blend in stages for creamy results: If your blender isn’t very powerful, skip the smoothie prep and blend fresh ingredients in stages each day. Start with the liquid base and any ingredients that are hard to blend (for example spinach, frozen berries, nuts). Once they’re blended well, add the remaining ingredients and blend again.
- Clean your blender like a pro: After you’ve poured your smoothie into a glass, add warm water and a drop of dish soap to the blender container. Put the lid on tight and blender again. It’s like a mini dishwasher. To watch this in action, check out my How to Clean a Blender demo.
- Add extra leafy greens: Boost fiber and nutrients by adding baby spinach and kale to all five smoothie recipes. The taste won’t change much (if at all) but you’ll feel fuller and reap the benefits of leafy greens.
- Use top-quality almond milk: You’ll need nine cups of almond milk with the Smoothie Diet Plan. The taste will differ depending on what you use. I suggest learning how to make almond milk to save money or buying one of the best almond milk brands.
- Swap Greek yogurt for coconut yogurt: If you don’t do any dairy, you can swap the Greek yogurt for a dairy-free alternative like vegan yogurt.
- Add a protein boost: Each smoothie recipe has 3-15 grams of protein on its own. Depending on your individual needs, you can boost that by adding a scoop of my homemade protein powder, or purchase a clean plant-based protein powder that’s compatible with smoothies.
Smoothie Diet Plan Recipe Reviews
OMG this is a keeper. I was looking for a good lunchtime smoothie to have after a workout and wanted one that wasn’t super sugary…This is perfect! —Erin
Healthy and so delicious. This is now my go-to smoothie! —Karen L.
I am not doing right with my diet and needed a way to incorporate veggies and fruits. This smoothie really is good. Thank you so much! —Marisa
So good and so refreshing for this time of year! —Grace
Consuming smoothies with fiber, protein and healthy fat can help wake up the metabolism, keep you full and may promote weight loss. Focusing on consuming a variety of whole foods, fruits and vegetables that taste delicious can help kickstart weight loss, yet no one diet is a “miracle.” Use this plan to help start your journey and transition to a holistic clean eating approach.
There a a variety of smoothie diet plans out then, including the Smoothie Diet, which is a 21-day program using just smoothies. We don’t recommend consuming only smoothies for 21 days. We encourage you to do a three-day smoothie plan and then transition over to a seven-day healthy meal plan, where you can still enjoy a variety of breakfast smoothies plus plant-based whole-food meals.
Drinking only smoothies can help you lose weight if those smoothies are full of plant-based, whole-food ingredients. Using the right ingredients, smoothies can help lower blood sugar levels and aid in weight loss, yet I don’t recommend doing this for more than three days. Your body needs food in a variety of forms, so use this smoothie diet plan to jumpstart healthier eating and as a way to get in a wide variety of plants.
Depending on your nutritional needs, this short-term calorie deficit (1,300 calories a day) might be beneficial or you may need to increase your calorie intake to make this work for you. Try adding protein powder and an extra serving of fruit and vegetables to make larger smoothies. You can also swap a smoothie for a heartier plant-based meal like our Hemp Hearts Veggie Bowl and Chickpea Tacos. Still hungry? Try adding healthy snacks like Roasted Chickpeas and Lemon Chia Pudding.
This plan is meant to be done as needed. If you love how you feel while on the plan, repeat it every few weeks to support your health goals. In between, we encourage you to explore more plant-based recipes to ramp up your digestive system and find some nutrient-dense meals to enjoy.
Have a question or wanna share your results from doing the Smoothie Diet Plan? Leave a comment below. I’d be happy to reply and celebrate your wins!