FREE 30-DAY TRIAL

NEW YOU IN 30 DAYS!  |  Experience our plant-powered meal plans, health challenges & positive support.

NEW YOU IN 30 DAYS! Plant-powered meal plans, challenges & support.

FREEZER SMOOTHIE PACKS ON A BUDGET
#1 GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE OF ALL TIME
HOW TO MAKE A MEAL REPLACEMENt SMOOTHIE
Trending Recipes

Sign up now to get my fav green smoothie recipes, shopping list and access to our smoothie support group.

I’m Jen Hansard, mom of two and lover of green smoothies, coffee & tacos.
I transformed my family's health with a plant-powered diet while broke and without health insurance. Since then, I've helped 1 million+ families do it too!

more about me )

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER + SMOOTHIES!
GET MY
RECIPE BOOKS

How to clean blender quick

Did you know, we rarely clean our blenders? Sure, we always rinse them right after we blend… yet cleaning them isn’t always necessary.

A simple rinse keeps them pretty clean throughout the week. Yet sometimes they do need some extra love—soap is a good way to do that. And that’s when we let the blender do the cleaning (just like in the video below).

3 Simple steps to clean you blender

If you’ve been wondering how to clean blender without too much work, I’ve got the solution for you. Here’s three quick steps that I do at least once a week to keep my awesome blender looking new.

Step 1: Add Soap + Hot Water

Fill up your blender about ½ way with warm water and a quick squirt of liquid soap.

Step 2: Blend

Put your lid on the blender (don’t forget to do this!) and place onto base. Turn your machine on and let ‘er rip for a few seconds and watch the magic happen.

Step 3: Rinse

Rinse the soapy, foamy water after you’re done blending so you can see your pitcher sparkle (and avoid that extra “clean” taste next time you blend)!

FOGGY FILM? DEEP CLEAN TIME!

Does your blender need some extra elbow grease to make her shine again?

If you notice a foggy film appearing on your blender pitcher (this can happen on most plastic blenders), simply give it a gentle scrub with a sponge, warm water, and a dab of baking soda. It should clear up in no time!

Jen’s Favorite Vitamix never gets the foggy film on it, and she’s wondering if it’s because she uses coconut oil in most of her green smoothies. Anyone else feel the same way?

How do you keep your blender sparkling?

There’s so many way to clean your blender. I’d love to hear how you do it (and how often!).

Transform your health with tasty recipes, meal plans + challenges.

Meal Planner
FREE 30-DAY TRIAL

THE PLANT-POWERED

COMMENTS

1. Eleanor says:

I use hot soap water and it works, can I ask what is with coconut oil and coffee.

2. Isabelle says:

I rinse my vitamix and add the lemon rinds from my morning warm lemon water if my blender is looking foggy — clears it up right away + it’s all natural!

3. Wendy says:

Soap and hot water are great for a daily cleaning. For a deep clean, I use vinegar, baking soda, and course salt.

My issue is that, in the past, I’ve made a smoothie with turmeric, got called away and left the smoothie in the container for a few hours, and now the container is stained greenish yellow. I can get the container completely clean, but that stain still remains.

• SGS Rawkstar Jessie says:

Hey Wendy,

I think you just gave Vitamix a great new product idea, tinted jars. 🙂

4. Joy says:

I have tried baking soda, vinegar and others. I still have the foggy film on them. No luck here. 🙁

5. Diane says:

What Brooke said!

6. Emsoo says:

Wow; I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’ve tried all these things and nothing works for me.

7. April says:

I’m with Brooke – life changer! I used to rinse it really well, but I put ground flax in my smoothies and that sticks to the sides, making so I need to actually scrub. With this method, the blending does the scrubbing for me! 🙂

Thanks a bunch!

8. Sherry says:

Sometimes a put a little baking soda in the blender with the soap – works like a CHARM!!

9. Julie says:

my blender has an auto cleaner option, i fill it up half way like showed but usually without soap (i only make smoothies anyway) so easy

10. Sybil says:

That is just how I clean the vitamix. Sometimes in addition I use a little brush or sponge.

11. hilary cracknell says:

I always do this, I can’t imagine not cleaning my blender after each use, it’s so quick. No foggy film either 🙂

12. Traci says:

The video is the way I clean my blender…but once in a while if there is a stubborn flake of something left, I gently use my son’s old bottle brush to get to it.

13. Holli says:

The Vitamix demo guy suggested throwing in a little orange peel and/or vinegar to help cut the grease when cleaning.

14. Rosanna says:

This is great! Yes my blender cups get a foggy film on them even after washing and I blame the coconut oil in my morning coffee as well! It’s worth it though, can’t have my coffee any other way now!

15. Brooke says:

OMG- Life changer! Why didn’t I think of that?! Thank you for the tip. My blender thanks you too 😉

1 2 3

Top 7 green smoothie recipes ever!
HOW TO MAKE A MEAL REPLACEMENT SMOOTHIE