A warm bowl of carrot ginger soup on a cool, fall day is my fav way to embrace the season. Both nourishing and tasty, this is the ultimate comfort carrot soup recipe.
As much as I love blending fresh fruits and veggies into a refreshing glass of goodness… a warm bowl of soup soothes the soul like nothing else! So, I wanna share this soup recipe I looooooooove. And yep—it's from my amazing, plant based, Seasonal Cleanse.
Plant-Based Carrot Soup Recipe
There are 5 cleanse-worthy ingredients in this soup: ginger, carrots, garlic, lemon, and coconut oil. These plant-powered ingredients help your body detox out anything that's slowing you down from living your best life ever!
That's right, this carrot ginger soup is 100% dairy free, yet super creamy. It's loaded with fresh veggies and healthy fats to provide the perfect balance of nutrition. How does it stand up to traditional, dairy-filled versions, you ask? With this #rawkstar ingredient list:
- yellow onion- According to a study by the US Library of health, onions are full of antioxidants and great cancer fighters.
- fresh ginger- this root vegetable contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- fresh garlic- another great vegetable with antioxidants that can fight cancer
- carrots- full of beta carotene, which our bodies turn into vitamin A, carrots really are good for our eyes!
- full fat coconut milk- I always use coconut milk with full fat, as this fat helps break down the carbs from other veggies in this carrot soup, as well as contains MCTs that help with weight control.
Pro tip: I like using orange carrots to produce the vibrant color in this soup, yet any carrot variety will work.
Festive Fall Dinner with Carrot Ginger Soup
Fall is often a time where family gatherings are more prevalent. I love sharing this carrot ginger soup with family and friends, as it's mild, delicious flavor is always a crowd pleaser. Yet, if you're looking for a whole fall feast, look no further:
Kale autumn salad- While I've created this recipe for a quick on-the-go lunch, it is the perfect start to a fall meal. The pomegranate brings a brightness to the kale, and while the sliced almonds provide the perfect amount of crunch.
Roasted Brussels sprouts- Hands down my fav fall recipe to bring to a party. Perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts are complimented by toasted walnuts and a touch of maple syrup.
Sweet potato nachos- If you're looking to make this carrot ginger soup recipe your main course, adding in some sweet potato nachos creates the perfect crunchy pairing. This is a recipe from my book, Simple Green Meals, and is such a fun party feature.
No guilt rice krispie treats- I say this is a great kid friendly dessert, yet I love to indulge in these too! It's my fun, healthier take on a traditional sweet treat.
Almond butter and jam muffins- If a breaded dessert is more your style, these stuffed muffins are for you. I love the fresh sweetness of the strawberry filling when I take a bite out of these.
A Whole Food Cleanse
Fall flavors are the most inviting to me, so you'll find lots of fresh fall goodness throughout my blog. Looking to take fall to the next level? I'd love for you to join us in our next Seasonal Cleanse, and enjoy all that fall has to offer while also reseting your mind and body for the holiday season to come. You can expect recipes like this carrot ginger soup, along with many other fresh fall creations.
This cleanse isn't meant to deprive the body, it's meant to reset the body with nourishing meals, smoothies, snacks, and detoxing drinks. I'll teach you how to prep, cook healthy yet comforting meals, and listen to your body and it's nutrition needs. At Simple Green Smoothies, we believe in fueling our bodies so that we can pursue our passions, and this cleanse is a great way to jumpstart that journey.
I'm def ready for soup season. Stock up on some broth and warm veggies to create these great recipes:
- Blended Vegetable Soup
- Thai-Inspired Coconut Soup
- Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- Wild Rice Soup
- Vegan Tomato Soup
- Vegetable Noodle Soup
- Split Pea Soup
- Vegetable Barley Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Vegan Minestrone Soup
Carrot Ginger SoupRate this Recipe Print Recipe
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the onions, and cook for another minute. Add the cumin and stir well for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped carrots and sauté for a few minutes, then add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are just tender.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or standard blender. (Use caution when using a standard blender. The soup will be hot!) If soup is too thick, add extra broth or coconut milk.
- Add the desired amount of lemon juice plus season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Increase the protein in this soup by topping with sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pepitas.
- Nutrition facts are based on using full-fat canned coconut milk. To reduce the calories + fat use light canned coconut milk.
- Swap out coconut oil for olive oil or avocado oil.
- If soup is too thick, add extra broth or coconut milk. Make sure to blend/puree the soup well—the ginger can be stringy and needs a good blend to puree nicely.