Get ready for a melt-in-your-mouth savory bell pepper recipe today as I introduce my new cold weather fav, Roasted Red Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup.
Many people shy away from a plant-based diet because fresh produce can be expensive. I agree that it can be, though finding and cooking what is in season will cut down the cost. And who doesn’t want the most flavor in their recipes?!
Health Benefits of Bell Peppers
Though bell peppers are typically found in the veggie isle, they are in fact a fruit. Loaded with vitamins and minerals, this fruit is easily tossed into many different recipes. It can provide a great crunch to a salad, mild sweetness when grilled, and extra flavor to a soup or chili. The list of health benefits makes bell pepper recipes a no-brainer:
- Loaded with Vitamins and minerals—Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin K1, Potassium, Folate, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A.
- Bell peppers are full of antioxidants, which promote eye health as well as help prevent heart disease and cancer.
- Great source of Iron along with 169% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin C, which is vital in helping our bodies break down iron.
- Research from the US National Library of Medicine shows that when red bell peppers are regularly added to a diet, they can help control diabetes and obesity.
With so many great benefits, we love adding bell peppers to many different kinds of recipes. These are used throughout our cleanses and resets to promote health and wellness, as well as flavor (and color!).
Favorite Bell Pepper Recipes
Check out the list below for some of our top bell pepper recipes:
- Hemp Heart Veggie Bowl
- Teriyaki Veggie Bowl
- Crunchy Curry Salad, Simple Green Meals
- Grilled Veggie Kabobs, Simple Green Meals
- Plant-Powered Cacao Chili, Simple Green Meals
- Mango Chickpea Bowls, Simple Green Meals
As always, we LOVE to hear your feedback. Leave a comment with your favorite bell pepper recipe, and give us some new inspiration.Print