A warm bowl of carrot ginger soup on a cool, fall day is my favorite way to embrace the season. Both nourishing and tasty, this is the ultimate comfort soup recipe.
As much as I love blending fresh fruits and veggies into a refreshing glass of goodness… a warm bowl of soup soothes the soul like nothing else! So, I wanna share this carrot soup recipe I looooooooove. And yep—it’s from my amazing, plant based, Fresh Start 21 day cleanse.
Plant-based carrot soup recipe
There are 5 cleanse-worthy ingredients in this soup: ginger, carrots, garlic, lemon, and coconut oil. These plant-powered ingredients help your body detox out anything that’s slowing you down from living your best life ever!
That’s right, this carrot ginger soup is 100% dairy free, yet super creamy. It’s loaded with fresh veggies and healthy fats to provide the perfect balance of nutrition. How does this carrot soup stand up to traditional, dairy-filled versions, you ask? With this #rawkstar ingredient list:
- yellow onion– According to a study by the US Library of health, onions are full of antioxidants and great cancer fighters.
- fresh ginger– this root vegetable contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help with osteoarthritis, according to a study by the National Library of Medicine.
- fresh garlic– another great vegetable with antioxidants that can fight cancer, as well as prevent DNA damage from hypertension.
- carrots– full of beta carotene, which our bodies turn into vitamin A, carrots really are good for our eyes!
- full fat coconut milk– I always use coconut milk with full fat, as this fat helps break down the carbs from other veggies in this carrot soup, as well as contains MCTs that help with weight control.
Pro tip: I like using orange carrots to produce the vibrant color in this soup, yet any carrot variety will work.
Festive fall dinner with carrot soup
Fall is often a time where family gatherings are more prevalent. I love sharing this carrot ginger soup with family and friends, as it’s mild, delicious flavor is always a crowd pleaser. Yet, if you’re looking for a whole fall feast, look no further:
While I’ve created this recipe for a quick on-the-go lunch, it is the perfect start to a fall meal. The pomegranate brings a brightness to the kale, and while the sliced almonds provide the perfect amount of crunch.
Hands down my fav fall recipe to bring to a party. Perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts are complimented by toasted walnuts and a touch of maple syrup.
If you’re looking to make this carrot ginger soup recipe your main course, adding in some sweet potato nachos creates the perfect crunchy pairing. This is a recipe from my book, Simple Green Meals, and is such a fun party feature.
I say this is a great kid friendly dessert, yet I love to indulge in these too! It’s my fun, healthier take on a traditional sweet treat.
If a breaded dessert is more your style, these stuffed muffins are for you. I love the fresh sweetness of the strawberry filling when I take a bite out of these.
‘Falling’ into a whole food cleanse
Fall flavors are the most inviting to me, so you’ll find lots of fresh fall goodness throughout my blog. Looking to take fall to the next level? I’d love for you to join us in our next Fresh Start cleanse, and enjoy all that fall has to offer while also reseting your mind and body for the holiday season to come. You can expect recipes like this carrot ginger soup, along with many other fresh fall creations.
This cleanse isn’t meant to deprive the body, it’s meant to reset the body with nourishing meals, smoothies, snacks, and detoxing drinks. I’ll teach you how to prep, cook healthy yet comforting meals, and listen to your body and it’s nutrition needs. At Simple Green Smoothies, we believe in fueling our bodies so that we can pursue our passions, and this cleanse is a great way to jumpstart that journey.Print
This nourishing, simple carrot ginger soup is full of love for the tummy. The ginger and cumin bring warmth to the digestive system, while the garlic and onion gently assist liver detoxification. The carrots bring nutrient-dense deliciousness! Feel free to add extra broth or coconut milk to reach your desired consistency.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 carrots (washed and chopped into 1/2”)
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Black pepper and sea salt
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the onions, and cook for another minute. Add the cumin and stir well for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped carrots and sauté for a few minutes, then add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are just tender.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or standard blender. (Use caution when using a standard blender. The soup will be hot!) If soup is too thick, add extra broth or coconut milk.
- Add the desired amount of lemon juice plus season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
To up the protein in this soup, top with roasted sesame seeds or pepitas.
Keywords: ginger carrot soup