Bake up a Vegan Pizza Recipe for your next pizza party or Friday night. Loaded with the best pizza toppings and tons of flavor, it’s sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 ball pizza dough (Trader Joe’s, homemade, or store-bought), at room temperature
- Olive oil, for pan
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal, for pan
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- 8 teaspoons Cheeze Sprinkle, optional (see recipe notes)
- Fresh basil and oregano, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet, pizza pan, or 12-inch cast iron skillet and sprinkle with coarse cornmeal.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough into a large circle, oval, or rectangle. Transfer dough to the prepared pan and spread pizza sauce evenly over the dough.
- Arrange the toppings in an even layer over dough. Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden around the edges and veggies look tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Cheeze Sprinkle, if desired. Garnish with fresh herbs, then cut into slices and serve immediately.
- Leftover pizza should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To make Cheeze Sprinkle: place 1/2 cup each: raw almonds and cashews, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder into a blender or food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a jar with tight-fitting lid and store in a cool dry place or refrigerator until ready to use. Makes about 1 cup.
- Substitute your favorite pizza crust for the premade dough. We recommend our quinoa pizza crust as a gluten-free option.
Keywords: vegetarian pizza