This gazpacho recipe is like many of our smoothie bowls… just with a veggie twist! So get out your blender to make this 1-pot meal.
Gazpacho is a cold soup made entirely of raw vegetables. But, of course, we had to add a leafy green twist to our gazpacho recipe. I love how quickly I can get this soup ready to go (and how easy it is to clean up too).
Health Benefits of Gazpacho
For this recipe, we focused on romaine as the leafy green, which is something we don’t often use. Here’s why we used it in this gazpacho recipe:
- Packed with vitamin A: powerful antioxidant that’s influential to your brain function, skin, heart, kidney, lungs, vision, and immune health.
- Loads of vitamin K: Great for bone health by helping with calcium absorption.
- High amounts of folate: This is a b-vitamin that’s needed to create blood cells in bone marrow, and convert carbohydrates into energy.
Raw vegetable health boost
You might be wondering: “Why make a gazpacho recipe (cold soup) instead of a warm soup?”
Cooking food isn’t bad at all! But sometimes our body needs an extra boost of nutrients that you get from raw vegetables. The cooking process can reduce the efficacy of some ingredients. Plus, making a gazpacho recipe is quick and easy!
If you’re feeling like you want even more vegetables and fruits in your diet, I’d love for you to check out our 21-day plant-based whole foods cleanse.
Next time you have friends over, serve this healthy bowl with some sunflower seeds on top and enjoy this rawfully rawkin’ recipe!
Make this gazpacho recipe!
I hope you enjoy this italian treat and how it makes you feel. For more veggie-based blended recipes, check out these:Print
Looking for a smoothie bowl with a veggie twist? If so, this is your answer! Gazpacho is a cold soup made entirely of raw vegetables. And, of course, we had to add 2 cups of leafy greens—in this case, romaine, which is packed with vitamins A and K. These 2 vitamins are great for bone health. Next time you have friends over, serve this healthy bowl with some sunflower seeds on top and enjoy this rawfully rawkin’ recipe!
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (2 medium)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Blend the romaine, cilantro, and tomatoes until smooth.
- Add the cucumber, bell pepper, lemon juice, and salt and blend until smooth.
Tip: Serve at room temperature and top with chopped cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado, plus a lemon wedge and a drizzle of olive oil.
Keywords: quick gazpacho recipe