Enjoy this vegan sweet potato recipe that is filling and helps balance your blood sugar. They’re also packed with vitamin A, B vitamins, potassium and fiber. They provide the perfect base for this delicious kale slaw, which is teeming with nutrients that help stimulate digestion and absorption. The only downside to this meal? It’s so delicious, it’s hard to stop at one potato.
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 cup fresh kale (stems removed and shredded)
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup carrots (grated)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- black pepper and sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Prick sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, place shredded kale, cabbage, and grated carrots in a bowl. Cover with the avocado and seeds.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, and mustard. Add to the shredded vegetables and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When sweet potatoes are finished baking, cut a slit in the top and pour the salad generously on top.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan sweet potato