Want a sweet treat for your kiddos without the artificial ingredients and sugar overload? We did, too! That’s why we created our take on this classic treat—so our kids could feel like they are drinking the most rawkin’ Banana Split Milkshake on the block! Top with fresh coconut whipped cream and they will never know that it has a handful of fresh fiber and nutrients included!
This kid-friendly green smoothie recipe is from our book: Simple Green Smoothies: 100+ Tasty Recipes to Lose Weight, Gain Energy & Feel Great in Your Body! There’s an entire chapter dedicated to smoothies for little rawkstars. Each kid-friendly green smoothie contains leafy greens and fruit, and are 100% kid-tested and approved – order your copy today! And in the meantime, check out our other kid-friendly green smoothies and tips for getting kids to drink their smoothies and eat healthier.Print
Blend up this sweet smoothie and watch your kiddos sip up some leafy green goodness without even knowing it! Top this yummy chocolate banana smoothie with a spoonful of coconut whipped cream and place a cherry on top for a fun, healthy treat.
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana*
- 1/2 cup cherries (pitted*)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream (optional)
- Blend the spinach and almond milk until smooth.
- Add the bananas, cherries, cacao powder, and almonds and blend again. Pour into a glass and top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, if using.
*Use at least one frozen fruit to chill down your smoothie bowl.
Keywords: Banana Dessert Smoothie for Kids