Cinco de Mayo feels like the unofficial kickoff for summer, and who doesn’t love a good reason to celebrate?! So let’s celebrate together with a glass full of this healthy margarita recipe goodness! You’ll be the life of the party when you make a double batch and share with your amigos.
There are certain times of the year when having a frozen drink in hand feels almost necessary… and Cinco de Mayo is one of them! This year, we’ll be starting our day off with a frozen tropical drink that tastes amazing and is so good for our bodies… the Tropical Margarita Smoothie!
Need even more reasons to celebrate? Check out this recipe + over 100 more in our book Simple Green Smoothies!Print
We love the taste of this tropical smoothie so much, it’s hard to believe it’s packed full of nutrients our bodies love! This tropical fruit combo packs a big Vitamin C punch and the coconut water base will keeps us hydrated all day long. Oh, and coconut water is great for replenishing lost electrolytes and recovering from a hangover 😉
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup coconut water (unsweetened)
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 2 cups mango (frozen)
- 1 cup pineapple (frozen)
- slices Juice of 1/2 lime (plus lime for garnish)
- Coarse salt for rim of glasses (optional)
- Blend spinach, orange, and coconut water until smooth.
- Add mango, pineapple, and lime juice. Blend again.
- Save squeezed lime and rub it around the rim of the margarita glasses. Dip the rim into the coarse salt.
- Pour the smoothie into the prepared glasses and garnish with a slice of lime.
*Use frozen fruit to make smoothie cold.
Keywords: margarita smoothie recipe
By: Jen Hansard | Updated: 4.24.2017 | COMMENTS: 64