Taste the real rainbow with this simple fruit smoothie bowl. Even the pickiest of picky eaters will fall in love with this vitamin C-packed bowl.
The gorgeous deep purple color, thanks to the blueberries, is a favorite of many. Those tiny blueberries are jam-packed with antioxidants and contain 14 percent of the suggested daily amount of fiber in just 1 cup! Eating the rainbow never tasted so healthy and delicious!
This thick and creamy smoothie bowl recipe is a tasty treat featured in our book, Simple Green Smoothies: 100+ Tasty Recipes to Lose Weight, Gain Energy & Feel Great in Your Body! We’re so pumped to share this with you because we have a whole chapter dedicated to green smoothie bowls in the book. If you ever feel like shaking up your green smoothie routine, then smoothie bowls are the way to go!
How to make your own fruit smoothie bowl
But until you can get the book in your hands (in stores and online now), you can make your own smoothie bowl creation by simply decreasing the amounts of liquids in your favorite green smoothie recipes.
Just make sure to use as many frozen fruits as possible to create the perfect smoothie bowl texture. One of our favorite things about a smoothie bowl is all the fun toppings you can pile on it—fresh fruit, nuts, granola, chia seeds, cacao nibs, you name it! Bon appétit!
Fruit Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 orange - peeled
- 1/2 cup strawberries - frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberries - frozen
- 1/2 banana
- 1 serving Protein Smoothie Boost - optional
- orange - sliced
- banana - sliced
- Blend the spinach and oranges until smooth.
- Add the strawberries, blueberries, and banana and blend again.
- Pour into a bowl and top with sliced fruit.
- Use at least one frozen fruit to chill down your smoothie bowl.
- Use freshly chopped strawberries, blueberries, and banana for a textured, colorful topping.
Do you have a favorite smoothie bowl recipe? If you do, share it with us in the comments below. We’d love to hear your favorite toppings too. We always love hearing from you!