This special sweet potato smoothie, aka “Thanksgiving in Your Mouth” is perfect to keep you healthy & festive all through the fall.
Our local farm just posted signs for their annual pumpkin patch, so fall is definitely in the air around here (even if it’s still in the 80s every day). I talk a lot about seasonal eating. It’s not just for the quality and flavor, eating seasonally also gives the body the max amount of nutrients. This sweet potato smoothie recipe capitalizes on the flavor and nutrients of sweet potatoes, and I can’t wait for you to try it!
Sweet potato smoothie recipe ingredients
This smoothie recipe offers a rawkstar list of ingredients that will fuel your day.
- Spinach– contains dietary fiber, which protects the body from a number of conditions including diabetes, stroke, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease.
- Sweet potato– loaded with beta-carotene, vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. Cooking the sweet potato (which is needed for this smoothie recipe) inside its skin helps it retain up to 92% of its nutritional profile.
- Mango– this stone fruit has 67% of the RDI of vitamin C, 20% of copper, and 18% of folate in 1 serving.
- Cinnamon– an ancient spice that lowers blood sugar. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Almond milk– helps provide a protein boost to the smoothie. Make it at home, or use my comprehensive guide to buy it.
Adding protein to this sweet potato smoothie
While this sweet potato smoothie recipe contains 5.9 grams of protein per serving, I like to add a bit more if I’m using it as a meal replacement. I suggest adding Protein Smoothie Boost, because it is the cleanest, plant based protein powder on the market. It offers 10 grams of additional protein, as well as 4 grams of healthy fat. When adding 1 serving of Smoothie Boost to this recipe, I also add in a little more liquid to offset the extra thickness it adds.
Other sweet potato recipes
Honestly, sweet potatoes are a super affordable + delicious way to embrace the flavors of fall. I use them in all kinds of recipes, and hope that you’ll try adding them to your regular grocery rotation as well! While this sweet potato smoothie is great, check out some more of my fav sweet potato recipes below:
My take on one of my fav Thai dishes, Pad Thai, this recipe checks all the boxes. Delicious, filling, and super fun to make. This takes ‘take out’ to a whole new level.
Originally created for my very first cleanse, Fresh Start Autumn, this recipe is a fan favorite. The kale slaw provides a tangy finish to roasted sweet potato as well as a dense nutritional profile.
This is a taco salad my whole family will eat. I promise you won’t miss the meat, because there are so many great flavors and textures already in this dish.
When people ask me how I get protein when eating a plant based diet, I give them this recipe. Tons of veggies, yet contains 12 grams of protein. This hemp sauce can be used in a number of dishes, though it shines in this one.Print
What are some of your fav fall recipes? I’d love it if you shared them in the comments below! Oh, and let me know if you give this sweet potato smoothie a sip.