The Index

Rawk out here too...

Plant-BaSed GuideBOOK
Metabolism workshop
7-DAY Summer Reset

7 Days. 7 Smoothies.

Simple 7

Hey there! I’m Jen Hansard, mom of two, ultra runner and lover of green smoothies, coffee & tacos. I took my family's health into my own hands while broke and without health insurance...and have helped 1 million+ other families along the way.

Summer 7-day reset
Weekly MEAL PLANS
Accountability
ADVENTURE RETREATS

year

— SUMMER SALE! —

Make Ahead Smoothie Prep

Make Ahead Smoothie Prep Guide

Are you ready to RAWK your green smoothie world a little more? The next step to adopt on your road to leafy green health and happiness is making your daily smoothies ahead of time. Prepping your smoothies shaves off precious extra minutes in your morning routine, plus it puts the kibosh on any other excuses that stand in the way of you sipping on some healthy green goodness.

How To Make Smoothie Freezer Packs Ahead of Time

Make ahead smoothie prep really does help me save time in the morning. I love not having to think about cutting up fruit or accidentally running out of smoothie ingredients. I love pulling out my recipe cards and getting to work prepping smoothies for the week (or month!) and the best part is that it only takes a few minutes to do.

Let’s get started!

A month of smoothies in an hour!

Step 1: Have your ingredients and supplies ready.

Here’s what you’ll need:
-our Daily Blends, green smoothie recipe app!
-measuring cups
-quart bags or canning jars (regular or wide-mouth)
-marker
-fruit and leafy greens

Make sure the leafy greens are washed, spun or patted dry, and ready to go.

green smoothie prep: what you need to get started

Step 2: Slice or cut fruit into chunks.

smoothie prep: cut fruit in small pieces

Step 3: Label bag and jar lids with name and date.

Be specific. You might also want to include how much of which liquid gets blended with each smoothie pack. (I keep my recipe cards handy for this purpose also.)

smoothie prep: label bags or jars

Step 4: Measure out the ingredients and pack into jars or bags.

Remove as much air as possible from bags when sealing closed. Pack fruit and greens tightly into the jars and screw on the lids.

smoothie prep: measure out ingredients

smoothie prep: layer fruit in jars or bags

Step 5: Place in freezer.

Don’t pack too tightly together. There should be some air circulation. That will help the contents to freeze quickly.
smoothie prep: place jars and bags in freezer

More Green Smoothie Prep tips:

• Cut fruit into smaller pieces and freeze ahead of time on lined baking sheets or use packaged frozen fruit. This will help keep the fruit and leafy greens from freezing together in a large clump and the smoothies will blend more easily.

• Before blending, thaw for a few minutes on the counter or in warm water. The fruit and greens will come out of the jar/bag easier too.

• Store greens and fruit separately, if desired. Pack washed and dried greens tightly into freezer bags or jars. Due to the nature of the freezing process, you will need to measure out slightly less frozen greens than fresh.

• Smoothie packs will keep for several months in the freezer, but are the very best quality when used within 2-4 weeks.

• If hoar frost forms on the fruit and greens, it is still perfectly safe to consume. It can be rinsed off with lukewarm water.

• Store smoothie packs away from foods with strong odors. Glass jars offer the best protection against odors.

• Smoothies can be blended and then frozen until ready to use. Just defrost them in the fridge the night before you are ready to use. Some separation might occur, but the smoothies will still be fine to consume.
make ahead green smoothie packs for freezing

HEADS UP! WE WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THIS PAGE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. IF YOU PURCHASE A PRODUCT THROUGH AN AFFILIATE LINK, YOUR COST WILL BE THE SAME, BUT SIMPLE GREEN SMOOTHIES, LLC WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION. YOUR SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED AND HELPS US SPREAD THE GREEN SMOOTHIE LOVE. RAWK ON!

Comment+

1. Nanette

February 17th, 2017 at 7:39 am

question: Can I mix smoothie in the morning, pack with ice block and consume for lunch. How long are they considered fresh?

2. SGS Rawkstar

February 20th, 2017 at 3:50 am

Hi Nanette,

You definitely can! As long as you’re keeping your green smoothie chilled, it will keep for up to two days in an air tight container. Because our recipes are free of any yucky additives or preservatives, you may notice some separation. Simply give your smoothie a quick shake + you’re ready to enjoy!

3. Citra Cininta

November 7th, 2017 at 3:31 am

I dont have blender like vitamix, but I have hurom slow juicer. What do you think about it?

4. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

November 8th, 2017 at 9:16 am

Hi Citra,

While I definitely think our recipes would make amazing juices! Personally, we’re all about blending over juicing. While both have their health benefits – when juicing, you’re missing a major nutrient boost from the fiber. Learn more about the difference between juicing + blending here…

5. Brittanie

February 26th, 2017 at 4:09 pm

If you freeze the greens with the fruit, do you then need to separate the greens to blend them with liquid first? Or just throw it all in together.

6. SGS Rawkstar

February 27th, 2017 at 4:10 am

Hi Brittanie,

Great question! And it really depends on the power of your blender. Have a rawkstar blender like Vitamix or Blendtec, then there’s no reason to blend your greens first. But if your blender needs a little help breaking down those leafy greens, we’d suggest freezing them separately from your other ingredients. Here’s our tips for blending leafy greens all on their own!

7. Stephanie Bettis

February 27th, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Can I make them Sunday and refrigerate them for the week?

8. SGS Rawkstar

March 2nd, 2017 at 4:02 am

Hi Stephanie,

Want to blend your smoothie ahead of time? Our recipes will keep in your refrigerator for up to two days in an airtight container. Adding a small amount of lemon juice will help preserve all of their green goodness!!

If you want to blend everything on Sunday. You can freeze your blended smoothie. Then simply thaw in the refrigerator the night before. You will notice some separation. But don’t worry, that’s simply because our recipes are free of any yucky additives or stabilizers. Simply give your smoothie a quick shake and you’re ready to go!

9. moira

March 12th, 2017 at 11:07 pm

what do you think of adding peanut butter, coconut milk or cream,cinnamon ,and herbs to your smoothies I think i would like the idea

10. SGS Rawkstar

March 13th, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Hi Moira,

Those all sound like great ideas!! The peanut butter and coconut milk will add protein + healthy fats to your green smoothie. While the cinnamon + herbs add tons of extra nutrition + often detoxing benefits!

Rawk on!

11. Evelyn Truesdale

November 14th, 2017 at 11:53 am

I see the kale recipes remove the stems are these of no food value. Thanks and also for the recipes plus other info.

God bless, Evelyn

12. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

November 15th, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Hi Evelyn,

When it comes to green smoothies we usually suggest removing the stems as they can be bitter + tough on your blender.

13. Heidi

January 26th, 2018 at 12:07 pm

The link for the green smoothie recipe cards isn’t working.

14. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

January 30th, 2018 at 10:13 am

Hi Heidi,

Good catch! I need to update that! We don’t offer green smoothie recipe cards anymore. Want even more recipes? Make sure + check out our app here! 100s of green smoothie recipes, tips + challenges at your finger tips!!

15. Melissa

April 30th, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Bummer. I’ve been looking around for a while on here to figure out where to get the cards from! Sad they don’t exist, I’d much prefer them to something digital!

16. Denise Cenicola

February 19th, 2018 at 11:57 pm

Great Info!

17. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

February 20th, 2018 at 11:16 pm

Thanks Denise!

18. Robin King

March 26th, 2018 at 7:00 am

I have a low budget No budget ,Don’t my husband being out if work since August due to a accident, however I need a blender, what do you recommend?

19. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

March 26th, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Hi Robin,

There are plenty of blenders for every budget! My first blender was a super cheap estate sale find! You can find our favorite blenders, at every price point here…

And if you can’t afford a super-powered blender. That’s totally ok! Check out our blending tips here…

20. Reese

July 20th, 2018 at 8:32 am

I was pleasantly surprised. Love it

21. martine noel

August 27th, 2018 at 8:42 am

day 1 is a great one , I love the taste … I noticed makes enough for 2 smoothies , I guess I am drinking till lunch

22. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

August 27th, 2018 at 12:39 pm

So happy you enjoyed the recipe! We cannot wait for you to taste the other 6 days!! 🙂

23. Renee

August 27th, 2018 at 1:23 pm

I started today and although it looks kind of gross, it tastes SO good! It’s refreshing! What do you think about adding low-fat yogurt? Not tgisxwwwk but thinking future! I’m sticking to your plan this week!

24. SGS Rawkstar Amanda

August 28th, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Isn’t it crazy how something can look not so pretty yet taste delicious?! I am so happy you enjoyed this recipe. We like to stay away from dairy products. If you are wanting to make the smoothie more filling you can add some chia seeds or oats to your smoothie! Here is a great article on that.

25. Jerry

December 26th, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Day 1 tasted great but very cold for winter months can I use warm water or do you have any other suggestions. Thanks

26. KARTIK BHATIA

January 9th, 2019 at 12:41 am

Refreshing and nourishing

27. Rashida Fogel

March 18th, 2019 at 9:09 pm

Day 1 was great as usual. Just love love love your smoothies. I have a couple of recipes of my own that |’ve tried and they taste oh so good. Can we use Almond or Cashew Unsweetened Milk which is only 30 cal. per cup? I’ve used Almond Milk before and the smoothies comes out great. I have a friend who’s an ex-classmate of mine. For decades since we were in Grade 1, she’s been heavy. I’m trying to get her into drinking your smoothies. Wish me luck.

28. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

March 19th, 2019 at 11:27 am

Hey Rashida,

Yes you can totally add in some almond or cashew milk to this recipe! We want you to make this work for you so if you feel that it needs something extra to get you excited, then go for it!!

That is so awesome you are sharing the smoothie love with your friends. Kale yeah!!

1 15 16 17
Plant-Based Warrior Bars
Citrus Breeze Vegan Smoothie
Vegan Tacos (Inspired By Austin, TX)
4 Best Detox Herbs for Green Smoothies