Discover the best weight loss drinks, made with real ingredients at home, to activate the metabolism and curb hunger.
Everywhere I look, companies are coming out with new weight loss drinks. Everyone thinks they’ve found the perfect formula, perfect ingredients and perfect “it” factor when it comes to the best drinks for weight loss.
Yet what if I told you that you don’t need some supplement with ingredients from a specific tree on a specific island in the middle of the ocean just to lose weight? I’ve got seven of the best drinks for weight loss to share today.
These detox drinks are simple, delicious and full of only the good stuff!
Table of Contents
Weight Loss Drinks
Each of the drinks below is made with whole food, plant-based ingredients designed to help the body naturally. These drinks aren’t magic, and shouldn’t be the only thing you consume in a day, yet they can help promote health and wellness.
Tips for Best Results
My teeth are pretty sensitive so I drink the apple cider vinegar drinks with lemon through a straw to protect my enamel. The apple cider vinegar drinks sometimes go down better if they are super cold or heated up like a spiced cider. Though drinking them at room temperature is fine, you may not want to. That’s totally okay.
Turmeric stains easily, so make sure you have a stainable surface or cup when consuming any drink with this anti-inflammatory ingredient. Fresh, whole roots will have loads more natural and healing properties than their ground versions, so always look for fresh if possible. I actually buy ginger at Costco and chop up a whole bunch at once, then freeze it in single portions. This way I’ve got fresh, real ginger on hand whenever I need it.
Detox Drink Ingredients
While I don’t recommend drinking only these beverages throughout the day, they are each designed to help promote weight loss when included in a balanced diet. Each drink contains ingredients that do some pretty cool stuff in the body:
- Apple cider vinegar: Contains acetic acid, which helps stall weight gain and decreases fat in the belly and liver.
- Ginger: Studies show this root effectively reduces fat, as well as increases HDL (good cholesterol) in the body.
- Plant-based protein: According to the American Dietetic Association, a well-balanced vegetarian/vegan diet provide more than adequate protein to prevent and treat certain diseases. I’ve actually created an organic, plant-based protein boost for green smoothies. It adds 10 grams of clean protein to each smoothie.
- Lemon: Loaded with antioxidants to promote weight loss. You can also add it to water to create a simple weight loss drink.
- Cinnamon: Also full of antioxidants. Cinnamon has powerful anti-inflammatory effects as well.
- Turmeric: Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric, and has anti-inflammatory and antioxidants as well. If inflammation is a serious concern, then I suggest taking this in supplement form. Ground turmeric has a smaller amount of curcumin.
Weight Loss Drinks FAQs
These weight loss drinks promote healthy metabolism which when combined with proper sleep, exercise and nutrition can support losing excess fat.
All of the drinks on my weight loss drinks list include natural ingredients that have detoxifying properties. Yet did you know that the body has entire systems dedicated to detoxing naturally? While these ingredients can help your body do what it does naturally, you can also consume other foods that will help you cleanse.
There is so much more to losing weight than a ‘quick fix.’ While my cleanse programs often result in weight loss naturally, they are just the start of a healthier lifestyle. You can definitely incorporate some of the weight loss drinks from my list into your daily habits, but if you really want to lose weight then you need to use these drinks as part of a whole healthy diet, exercise, sleep and de-stress lifestyle.
A Healthier Way to Detox + Lose Weight
Many of the best drinks for weight loss found above were created for my Seasonal Cleanses. I’ve created 21-Day and 7-Day cleanses that use only whole food, and plant-based ingredients to bring you smoothies, snacks, meals, and cleansing detox drinks, all carefully curated to promote a healthier you.
Cleansing doesn’t have to consist of inedible, expensive supplements/drinks that make you feel terrible! It can be full of delicious, cleansing food, no weird powders and lasting results for the body and mind.
More Delicious Detox Recipes
If the concept of using real, whole food to meet your health goals sounds appealing to you, then check out a few of these free meal plans I’ve created. They are all designed to help you eat more plants and use the natural healing properties of food to heal your body inside and out.
- Plant-Based Meal Plan
- Daniel Fast Meal Plan
- Vegetarian Meal Plan
- Weight Loss Meal Plan
- Vegan Meal Plan
- Mediterranean-Inspired Meal Plan
Which one of theses do you want to sip on first? Drop a comment and let me know!