I remember the first time I saw the Blendtec review video below. I thought it was a joke. Could a blender literally turn an iphone into black powder?! Why would you ever blend up an iphone? Well, it turns out it’s for real… and over 12 million people have watch it. #crazycrazy
Will it blend?
Although I’ve never blended up a phone, I did put my Blendtec 725 to the test with real food items that gave my old blender a problem. Carrots, apples and even kale were a challenge before— I chopped them into small pieces first and they still left chunks. It was a losing battle… but eventually my old blender lost when it started smoking one day.
Yet with a high speed blender like Blendtec, these challenging smoothie ingredients are turned into liquidy goodness with just the push of one button!
The Blendtec 725 gets the job done AND makes it easy on you. Gotta love that, right?
One of the greatest joys I get from Simple Green Smoothies is the freebies that come in the mail. I loooove free samples from great companies! Like when this gorgeous stainless steel Blendtec 725 arrived on my doorstep, I felt like I did on Christmas morning when I was 8 years old and got my Lite Brite.
I’ve enjoyed blending with my Blendtec for over a year now. I think it’s time to make an official Blendtec review. I’ll share my personal take on this high powered blender to help you decide if it’s the right one for you… or not.
But before I do that, I want to share a very special giveaway coming up. Starting January 1, you could win your very own Blendtec 725 + bonus wild side jar— which is worth over $808!!!
Okay, now onto the juicy stuff. It’s time to highlight the pros and cons to this blender so you can decide for yourself if it’s the one for you. I know a high-speed blender can seem like a crazy investment, but I promise you if you can afford it, you won’t regret it.
If you can’t afford the Blendtec 725 right now (it’s $600+), check out Blendtec’s refurbished blenders (which start at $279). My green smoothie journey began with a reconditioned blender (and I struggled investing what money we had into that), but I have never regretted that decision. Check it out, okay?
Below are the pros and cons to the top of the line Blendtec 725. And if you’re not sure if it will do the job, just watch the video above again and you’ll know the answer to that.
Blendtec Review Pros
- It fits easily on the counter underneath the top cabinets
- It’s super easy to clean thanks to the flat panel control center. It’s a wipe it clean in 5 seconds kinda job.
- The blade isn’t even sharp– so you never cut yourself when deep cleaning it
- The blender container is quiet square and this makes it very easy to pour
- Pre-programmed so you can push one button and walk away. It’ll rev up, down and turn off when it’s done.
- The Blendtec 725 has the horsepower to make almond butter, ice cream, green smoothies, hummus and so much more! It’s truly earned it’s place as one of the top high speed blenders on the market.
- It’s relatively light for a high speed blender, making it ideal to travel with when weight limits are a concern in your suitcase.
- It talks to me! Yes, my blender has the most adorable saying on it and cheers me on every time I blend. We’re sorta like bff’s at this point.
- The Blendtec warranty process is the best, hands down. I had an issue with the container cracking when I made my rawkstar coffee, and they sent me a replacement quickly. (I had a totally different experience with one of their competitors. They made me feel like I did something wrong and just made the entire replacement process miserable. But not Blendtec— they were the bomb.)
- It’s gorgeous! Who doesn’t want this sleek, simple blender on your countertop?
Blendtec review cons
- The lightness of the blender causes it to shake quite a bit… and sometimes get off balance. There have been a few times I’ve worried about it falling over if I’m not standing right there holding it while it blends up a smoothie with frozen fruit in it.
- No matter how long we blend up a smoothie that uses frozen fruit, there’s always one frozen chunk that remains… and ends up in our glass.
I hope this was helpful. if you have any questions, just leave a comment below.
And if you’re curious about the specs + pricing on the Blendtec 725, just head on over to the official Blendtec website and learn all the details about this beauty (PLUS score free shipping.)