The best green smoothie recipes are full of iron, potassium and vitamins galore AND tastes like a tropical treat from all the island fruit. There’s no need to be scared of a spinach smoothie when it tastes like this— just read the reviews to see what I mean.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana
- Measure: Tightly pack spinach in a measuring cup.
- Add: Put spinach to blender with water. Blend together until all chunks are gone. (Should resemble green water when blended well).
- Toss: Pineapple, mango and banana to blender. I like to use frozen pineapple and mangos to chill the smoothie down and save time cutting and prepping. It’s a win-win!
- Blend: It all together until smooth and creamy. Depending on your blender, this could take as little as 30 seconds or as long as 2 minutes.
- Pour: Into a glass and serve immediately.
- Store: In the fridge with a lid until ready to drink.
*Not a fan of bananas? Swap it for 1/4 avocado, additional 1/2 cup mango or 1/2 cup peaches.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: green smoothie, spinach smoothie recipe, green smoothies