This chocolate banana smoothie is based on a classic ice cream flavor. Yet I’ve upgraded this smoothie for maximum flavor and nutrients. It’s like drinking a dessert! Almond butter adds a boost of protein while cacao powder adds in powerful antioxidants.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 – 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter*
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- *Swap almond butter for 10 grams Protein Smoothie Boost
- Blend spinach and almond milk in blender until smooth.
- Add bananas, almond butter, and cacao, and blend again.
Use frozen bananas to make smoothie cold.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: chocolate smoothie