Plant-BaSed GuideBOOK
Metabolism workshop
7-DAY Summer Reset

7 Days. 7 Smoothies.

Simple 7

take control of your health for good with my incredible plant based program

year

It's not too late to...

Holiday Cranberry Smoothie

This Holiday Cranberry Smoothie tastes delicious and is also a great way to boost your urinary tract health and gut health too.
Holiday Cranberry Smoothie | SimpleGreenSmoothies.com #smoothie #greensmoothie #vegan

This is a very wintery cranberry smoothie – and one of my favorites. I love cranberries and oranges! And enjoying them together is even better.

Cranberries don’t grow everywhere – they like cooler environments such as in parts of Canada, the East Coast of the United States, and the Pacific Northwest. They grow on low-lying bushes in bogs that are flooded during the yearly harvest. While you will only see fresh cranberries in the late fall and early winter, they are available year-round frozen.

Cranberry Health Benefits

Cranberries have long been known to benefit urinary tract health by preventing infections. But that’s not the only cranberries can do!

Cranberries also:

• contain powerful antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals – especially vitamin C, manganese, fiber, vitamin E, copper, vitamin K, and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5).
  • contain over two dozen phytonutrients, including proanthrocyanidins and anthrocyanins, flavonols, tannins, hydroxybenzoic acids, and more.
  • improve digestion
  • reduce bad cholesterol
  • prevent gum disease
  • boost the immune system
  • are low in sugar and overal calories
  • have anti-inflammatory properties

Benefits of Fresh vs. Frozen Cranberries

Fresh or frozen cranberries both work fine in this recipe. The benefit of using frozen cranberries is that it can help your smoothie be cold. But freezing doesn’t affect the nutrient content of the fruit.

When you buy a bag for Thanksgiving dinner, add a few more to the cart and freeze them to use all year long.

How To Give This Cranberry Smoothie an Extra Boost

Most of our plant-powered smoothie recipes don’t include any extras in them. That allows our community of smoothie drinkers to customize their smoothie to fit their lifestyle.

Feel free to add a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein powder plus some healthy fat to make this a meal replacement.

For a little boost of energy, add 1 teaspoon MCT oil to increase your metabolism.

To add some extra electrolyte action, use coconut water instead of plain water.

Healthy Holiday Cranberry Smoothie | SimpleGreenSmoothies.com #vegan #plantbased #cranberry

Holiday Cranberry Smoothie

• Author: Jen
  • Yield: 1 1x
  • Category: Breakfast, Drinks
  • Method: Blending
  • Cuisine: Healthy

This is a very wintery smoothie—and one of my favorites. I love cranberries and oranges! Feel free to add 1 tsp MCT oil to get an energy boost and increase your metabolism.

• 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1 cup water
  • 1⁄2 cup cranberries
  • 1 orange, peeled
  • 1⁄2 banana

1. Place spinach and water in blender. Puree until smooth.
  2. Add fruit and blend again.

Use at least one frozen fruit to make the smoothie cold or serve over ice.

Keywords: cranberry smoothie, holiday, green smoothie

Comment+

1. Suzette Boling

January 3rd, 2019 at 5:51 pm

This isn’t one of my favorites. But if you love tart tasting things this will be the one for you!!!

2. Giselle Ferguson

January 3rd, 2019 at 7:36 pm

I was hesitant on trying a smoothie with cranberries, but I’m glad I did. If your already a fan of real cranberry juice you’ll love this green smoothie.

3. Kim Aumonier

January 4th, 2019 at 12:41 am

I’m not normally a cranberry fan, but this wasn’t bad. A little tart, but the banana tones it down a bit.

4. Amelia

January 4th, 2019 at 1:44 am

I liked the sweet tart taste of the holiday cranberry smoothie and that it was good for me. Yum 4 stars

5. Marla

January 4th, 2019 at 7:52 am

I didn’t like how it had pieces from the cranberry skin. Maybe need to soften them more

6. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

January 6th, 2019 at 8:36 pm

Hey Marla,

Depending on what type of blender you have, you might want to blend the cranberries and liquid first and see if that helps.

7. Ronna Acevedo

January 4th, 2019 at 11:14 am

Just adding the cranberry was so simple and gave my smoothie some extra zing!

8. Lynn Schutte

January 4th, 2019 at 1:13 pm

I LOVED this! It’s been a while since I had a green smoothie, and I’ll be honest – when I took this off the blender it smelled like spinach and sadness. I was a little scared, I’ll admit, but it blew me away! Such bright, citrus-y, delicious flavors! This is definitely going into my rotation.

9. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

January 6th, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Hey Lynn,

Yay!! I am so happy to hear that this recipe was a winner for you!

That is why we love letting you try so many different recipes so you can find the ones you love and add it to your list of favorites 🙂

10. Rhonda Thiele

January 4th, 2019 at 1:29 pm

I love these simple ingredient smoothies…so easy to make and generally ingredients that I always have on hand. No excuse to not have a green smoothie everyday! 🙂

11. Rebecca

January 4th, 2019 at 3:49 pm

The cranberry was a bit tart for me. Next time I might try adding more banana to sweeten it more.

12. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

January 6th, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Hey Rebecca,

You can always add some extra sweeteners to your smoothie if it is too tart tasting.

These are some all natural sweeteners that we love:

13. Katrina

January 4th, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Yum! I replaced the cranberry with cherries, and oh what a yummy summer-y smoothie (it’s summer here in Australia). Just perfect for gulping down after my morning run (in 28°C heat with 80% humidity!! )

14. Pam

January 5th, 2019 at 1:27 am

I could only find packet cranberries (will look for frozen so thanks for the tip) so they didn’t mix properly. My last few gulps of the smoothie were very chewy which is ok as I quite like a tart taste 🙂

15. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

January 6th, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Hey Pam,

If you can’t find any cranberries, you can always swap them with blueberries or cherries.

Chewy doesn’t sound that appetizing to me =P

16. Pamela LaBouve

January 5th, 2019 at 10:33 am

I really like the smoothie, I did add raw honey to it because the other comments said it was so tart, next time I will try it without the honey because I thought it was sweet.

17. Latasha

January 5th, 2019 at 2:00 pm

I wasn’t able to add cranberries to my smoothie, but I and I’m pretty sure I would have enjoy this one so i has to use berries instead

18. Anita

January 5th, 2019 at 2:06 pm

Three star. I added more cranberries and used half an avocado instead of banana some ground flaxseed and bit of crushed ginger. It was tart with some tang.

19. Carden

January 5th, 2019 at 2:07 pm

I can’t leave a full 5 stars because I had to modify the recipe (couldn’t find any fresh or frozen cranberries). I ended up substituting frozen cherries and it was delicious! I love cranberries, so I’m sure it would have been scrumptious had I been able to find them. I’ll be sure to blend this one again once cranberries are back in season!

20. Rhonda

January 5th, 2019 at 2:37 pm

This is one of my favorites. I tend to like less sweetness so it was perfect. I may try it with cuties next time to see the difference. My oranges were a bit bland. It is definitely in my free play plan.

21. Kathy

January 5th, 2019 at 2:41 pm

I love the orange cranberry one but I did substitute 1/2 avocado for the banana & added some protein powder to give me more energy to last longer they the day. I loved the tartness of cranberries & will use them again! #simplegreensmoothies #eatinghealthly #feelinggood

22. Bonnie

January 5th, 2019 at 2:43 pm

This was my least favorite of the week. It was so tart! Fortunately, there were a ton of recommendations from so many members on how to naturally sweeten it up that I’ll give it another shot

23. Eve

January 5th, 2019 at 2:52 pm

Give me all the cranberries!!! I love this recipe! I always stock up on fresh cranberries in the winter and pop them in the freezer to use for smoothies. I’m happy to reach for the cranberries and oranges for my green smoothies now I nstead of making cranberry bread.

24. Clare Jones

January 5th, 2019 at 2:58 pm

I absolutely love it. It’s great that they all have a unique taste instead of the same old all the time

1 3 4 5 6
Plant-Based Warrior Bars
Citrus Breeze Vegan Smoothie
Vegan Tacos (Inspired By Austin, TX)
4 Best Detox Herbs for Green Smoothies
Coconut Thai Soup
Lemon Fat Bomb Treats
The Simplest Strawberry Milkshake
Fat Burning Smoothie To Boost Your Metabolism
Best Chia Seed Smoothie to Maximize your Workout
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
Beauty Smoothie time: SPA Skin Cleanser
Chocolate Covered Cherry Green Smoothie
Meal Replacement Green Smoothie
Spiced Almond Milk
The BEST Green Smoothie Recipe Ever
favorite posts

Are green smoothies good for you?
HOW TO FUEL YOUR METABOLISM