Treat yourself to an anti-inflammatory Honey Turmeric Smoothie with a refreshing blend of mango, carrots, orange, ginger, turmeric and honey. Your immune system will enjoy the nourishment in this bright, delicious honey turmeric smoothie too!
In addition, this is a super simple, tasty and filling smoothie.
How much turmeric to put in smoothies?
We recommend adding ½ to 1 teaspoon of dried turmeric to a single smoothie. You don’t want to go overboard with spice in a smoothie. So we’ve given this turmeric smoothie recipe just the right amount!
How to use fresh turmeric in smoothies?
If you can find fresh turmeric in the produce aisle, substitute a 1-inch piece for 1 teaspoon dried turmeric. (1 Tablespoon peeled and freshly grated or minced).
First, cut the skin from the flesh with a paring knife. Alternately, you can also use the spoon method. Apply gentle pressure with the edge of spoon to scrape off the turmeric skin.
After that, slice 1-inch of turmeric and drop into your blender to do the rest.
Health benefits of a turmeric smoothie
- Turmeric is at the heart of this smoothie. With a warming earthy flavor and beautiful golden color, this spice delivers powerful anti-inflammatory benefits. Plus a boost of antioxidants for optimal health. The spice contains curcumin. An antioxidant known to reduce inflammation and boost your immune system. Used in traditional Eastern medicine for centuries, it’s beloved as a natural treatment for a wide range of health issues.
- Ginger. This smoothie also contains ginger, another powerful anti-inflammatory spice with immune boosting properties. Above all, zesty ginger is known as a stomach soother and anti-cancer agent.
- Honey. Honey adds natural sweetness to this smoothie. In addition, it offers extra health benefits. It’s is a good source of antioxidants. And has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Manuka honey is made when honeybees pollinate the “Manuka” or “tea tree” plant. Studies have shown Manuka honey holds both antibiotic and antibacterial benefits. Likewise, it’s proven to be effective in fighting infection and promoting healing. If you can find Manuka honey, it’s a great healthy addition to this smoothie!
- Orange. We added an orange to this turmeric smoothie recipe for a whopping dose of vitamin C to support a healthy immune system.
- Carrots. Carrots also deliver vitamin C to this smoothie, along with antioxidant-rich beta carotene, a powerful free radical fighter.
More Plant-Based Recipes with Turmeric
If you’re trying to step into the natural healing space more, check out these other wonderful recipes that use turmeric:Print