Who says a mixed greens salad has to be boring? Not me!
Well, at least not me anymore. I used to cringe at salads… but I realized not all salads are created equal. Take this gem for instance. It’s filled with nutrient-rich mixed greens, tangy green apple, creamy avocado, and crunchy almonds. Seriously, this salad is the perfect way to fuel your body with tons of plant-based goodness!
How to Make a Mixed Green Salad
Making a salad that actually tastes good only takes a few key elements: fresh greens, toppings and a good dressing. The days of ranch on iceberg are over for good!
The strawberry herb dressing is ah-mazing. Seriously, I could drink it. If you want these greens on the go, feel free to prep your salad ahead of time in a mason jar. Simply layer the ingredients in the mason jar, but store the dressing in a separate container. When you’re ready to eat, pour the dressing on, give the mason jar a good shake, and enjoy!
This recipe is from our amazing Fresh Start (spring) cleanse. Check it out!Print
A hearty salad is a great way to load up on several servings worth of fiber-rich veggies + fruit. This salad is full of flavors and textures that are sure to delight your taste buds while keeping your body fueled + satisfied!
- 2 cups mixed greens (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup green apple (diced)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced or diced)
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup strawberries (diced)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt (to taste)
- Pinch ground pepper
- Arrange salad ingredients on a large plate.
- Puree the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over salad (you may not need all of it). Eat immediately.
Keywords: Mixed Green Salad, spring